1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

I want this bridge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Natman, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Natman

Natman

Oct 22, 2013
    Know where I can get one of these? As found on the Dimensions, Reverse Jaguar, Cabronita and a couple other models. I would just go with a BAII, but the fender logo looks spiffy so why not? Are there any out there?

[​IMG]

2. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Oct 18, 2012
    Houston Tx
    I heard that fender bought the rights to the badass II and that's basically fenders rebranded BA2

3. Sponsored by:

4. marko138

marko138

May 24, 2013
    Perry County PA
    DUDE! Me too. I've been searching for them for the same reason. They look just like the BA.

5. Natman

Natman

Oct 22, 2013
    Ya, I mean you can buy a whole body off ebay for like $200 (straosphere sells a lot) but then I probably won't get much for the nekkid body. Not the best option, IMO.

6. Jackson basses have this bridge, too. Well, some of them.

7. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
  8. It's nowhere near a Gotoh 201! No rounded saddles. No saddle screw slots on the plate (it instead has a saddle slot), it's longer, more square, too. The spacing's also a little wider. And, it's definitely not a Schaller. lol

It's Fender's take on a Badass II.

9. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I did say "a little" like the 201.

10. The only thing it has in common with a gotoh is the chrome finish & fat backstop.

11. WoodyG3

WoodyG3 Supporting Member

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    There have been several generations of the Badass bridge, but I agree this Fender bridge is very similar. I like Hipshot bridges better, but they all get the job done well.

12. It looks ugly and square and wrong on a Fender IMHO.

That's the way I roll. Had one (BAII) for years then went back to the original bridge. Looks and plays better in my view.

Davo

13. is it just me or is it not straight.

14. I bought one from a friend of mine that is a certified Fender Tech, he just ordered it in. It only cost $68 and worth every penny. I have it on mt Squier VM P bass. I agree with the BA 2 reference. It is very similar.

15. Natman

Natman

Oct 22, 2013
    Don't suppose your buddy would be kind enough to sell one to a fellow canuck? :bassist:

16. marko138

marko138

May 24, 2013
    Perry County PA
    I'd take on that that price too!

17. That's true of every Fender I've owned. The strings and pickup poles never line up either. :bag:

I still love 'em though!

Davo

18. esa372

esa372 Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
  19. jbd5015

jbd5015 Cool cars & Bass guitars

Nov 23, 2009
    Those schaller bridges are quite nice for the price. Attractive, not necessarily modern, but a more attractive bridge than the BA2.

Ive got both the schaller and a BA2 on different basses, and while both are quite comfortable with regards to palm muting, the schaller is a bit 'smoother'.

20. Natman

Natman

Oct 22, 2013
    For what is worth guys I finally got one of these. 2 fender distributors looked into it for me and they were told this model is not available yet. I just grabbed the only one I've seen yet on ebay. The seller happened to be from Canada, so that makes shipping even easier for me. $67 +10 ship is about all I'd want to pay anyhow.

21. It's straight. The body's not symmetrical.