1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

I want this bridge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Natman, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Natman

Natman

Know where I can get one of these? As found on the Dimensions, Reverse Jaguar, Cabronita and a couple other models. I would just go with a BAII, but the fender logo looks spiffy so why not? Are there any out there?

[​IMG]
  2. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

I heard that fender bought the rights to the badass II and that's basically fenders rebranded BA2
  3. marko138

marko138

DUDE! Me too. I've been searching for them for the same reason. They look just like the BA.
  4. Natman

Natman

Ya, I mean you can buy a whole body off ebay for like $200 (straosphere sells a lot) but then I probably won't get much for the nekkid body. Not the best option, IMO.
  5. awilkie84

awilkie84

Jackson basses have this bridge, too. Well, some of them.
  6. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

7. awilkie84

awilkie84

It's nowhere near a Gotoh 201! No rounded saddles. No saddle screw slots on the plate (it instead has a saddle slot), it's longer, more square, too. The spacing's also a little wider. And, it's definitely not a Schaller. lol

It's Fender's take on a Badass II.
  8. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

I did say "a little" like the 201.
  9. awilkie84

awilkie84

The only thing it has in common with a gotoh is the chrome finish & fat backstop.
  10. WoodyG3

WoodyG3 Supporting Member

There have been several generations of the Badass bridge, but I agree this Fender bridge is very similar. I like Hipshot bridges better, but they all get the job done well.
  11. Davo-London

Davo-London

It looks ugly and square and wrong on a Fender IMHO.

That's the way I roll. Had one (BAII) for years then went back to the original bridge. Looks and plays better in my view.

Davo
  12. bigmoosepi

bigmoosepi

is it just me or is it not straight.
  13. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

I bought one from a friend of mine that is a certified Fender Tech, he just ordered it in. It only cost $68 and worth every penny. I have it on mt Squier VM P bass. I agree with the BA 2 reference. It is very similar.
  14. Natman

Natman

Don't suppose your buddy would be kind enough to sell one to a fellow canuck? :bassist:
  15. marko138

marko138

I'd take on that that price too!
  16. Davo-London

Davo-London

That's true of every Fender I've owned. The strings and pickup poles never line up either. :bag:

I still love 'em though!

Davo
  17. esa372

esa372 Supporting Member

18. jbd5015

jbd5015 Cool cars & Bass guitars Supporting Member

Those schaller bridges are quite nice for the price. Attractive, not necessarily modern, but a more attractive bridge than the BA2.

Ive got both the schaller and a BA2 on different basses, and while both are quite comfortable with regards to palm muting, the schaller is a bit 'smoother'.
  19. Natman

Natman

For what is worth guys I finally got one of these. 2 fender distributors looked into it for me and they were told this model is not available yet. I just grabbed the only one I've seen yet on ebay. The seller happened to be from Canada, so that makes shipping even easier for me. $67 +10 ship is about all I'd want to pay anyhow.
  20. awilkie84

awilkie84

It's straight. The body's not symmetrical.