1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

I want to build a cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Miguel503, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Miguel503

Miguel503

Hiya folks,
    long time lurker, first time poster

I would like to build a 1x15 cabinet. I have looked for build diagrams and schematics but have been left unsatisfied. Is there a resource that shows plans for cabs? What I am looking for is a versatile 1x15 cab. I don't have any plans to gig it but just play in my house.

Any recommendations?

(more backstory: I'm a seasoned guitar builder and I know how to cut wood and stuff)

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Take a look at the fEARful threads for a proven design that you certainly CAN gig with. Another resource is Bill Fitzmaurice's web site. He sell plans for his very unique designs. You could also look at the Emminence web site. They have designs using their drivers.

Just building a box is not how you get good results. :)

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

A faithful execution of a tried and true speaker cabinet that has been properly designed will give you the best result for your efforts and money.

Bill F. cabinets, Dave Green's fEARful 15" cabinets and the venerable EV TL606 with the correct speaker.

4. Miguel503

Miguel503

thank you.

this is exactly what i was looking for.

5. Register to disable this ad