I want to directly record on my PC

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by JuanBass0012, Jan 29, 2013.

1. JuanBass0012

JuanBass0012

I heard that I can use my sansamp BDDI to record but I need help. Is there any free good recording programs. I've used garage band in high school but I don't have a Mac. I wAnt to know how to set up everything from my sansamp to the pc so i can record my bass.
  2. Chromer

Chromer

The BDDI will get you a line-level signal, but you still need to get that signal into your computer. You can run it to the line-in of your soundcard (with an instrument cable and a 1/4" -> 3.5mm adapter) for now. If you stick with it then eventually you'll want a "real" audio interface, but the soundcard in the PC will generally be OK to start with.

On the software side, one of the best DAWs out there has an unrestricted free trial (and is incredibly reasonably priced). Start here:

http://www.reaper.fm

Be sure to get the Quick Start Guide and the big manual too. The first hour or two can be incredibly frustrating -- lots of new concepts and lingo to learn..
  3. JuanBass0012

JuanBass0012

Thank you so much this is so useful
  4. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Lowactnsatsfctn

Lowactnsatsfctn

Audacity is another free and easy to use program. If your shopping for an Interface, M audio Fast tracks work pretty good and can be had for 40ish bucks used.
  7. matjaz123

matjaz123

Audacity! And make sure you turn the Stereo mix OFF on you sound control.
  8. 4Banger4

4Banger4

Any pedal or amp with a headphone jack
    >>> use a 1/8" or 1/4" (whichever the headphone jack has) to RCA
    >>>>Behringer UCA 202
    >>>>>>USB on PC
    >>>>>>>>use Audacity!!
    VERY simple.
  9. mmoore1

mmoore1

Great software.
  10. JuanBass0012

JuanBass0012

I have a M audio Quattro USB INTERFACE but I don't know where to start. Is there more free programs?
  11. JuanBass0012

JuanBass0012

Thank you all for replying
  12. bassist4dalord

bassist4dalord

Just downloaded Audacity. In theory, I could plug this into the line-in Mic on my laptop, then plug my bass into an AUX cable via an adapter on one side and my iPod via an AUX cable on the other side. Is that correct? Then I could push "play" on my iPod and play along to tracks with my bass?
  13. Chromer

Chromer

Why faff about with extra cables and ipods? Drop the audio file onto Audacity, create and arm a second track for your bass, and press record. The MP3 plays, the computer records what you play on your bass, and on playback they're in sync and you can adjust the relative levels, isolate your bass track, process it EQ and fx, etc...