I want to get a new amp but I'm not sure if this is a good choice?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ImJustDez, Mar 17, 2014.

1. ImJustDez

ImJustDez

Hey,
    So I will most likely get a new amp. The amp is a Fender Rumble 350. I found it because I play bass for Indoor Drumline and the school had amps there (I didnt want to drag mine to school). I fell in love with this amp, I find it so amazing, but is it actually good or am I just blinded by how much I like it? A friend of mine constantly puts fender amps down and says no to get Acoustic Bass Amp blah blah blah. I usually trust his musical knowledge but this time, I am not. I want this amp, it feels and sounds good to me, but I want to make sure it's actually good and I'm not just attached it. So, any thoughts about it? Any other amps you think I should get instead?
    I have a MusicMan S.U.B. Series stingray 4 bass guitar if you needed to know this information.

2. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

The Fender is at least three steps above the GC "Acoustic" bass amps. Those are just a house brand that Bain Capital owns the rights to use the "Acoustic" name on.
    You like the Fender that is all that matters, they are certainly not bad pieces and better than the "Acoustic" you find in Guitar Center/MF/etal.

3. Chains

Chains

Do it, great deals right now as the new version of the Rumble line will be in stores soon.
    Plus the Fender 5 year warranty, which you'll, hopefully, never need.
    You might want to wait however, and try out the new ones in April. They have some nice added features.

4. M0ses

M0ses

I don't like the new Acoustic line at all. The Rumble ain't bad.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. IPYF

IPYF

I tend to ignore the advice of people who tell you not to get something you like in favour of something that they like. Such people almost never have anyone but their own interests at heart.

If you like it, it serves your purposes, and it falls within your price range you should get it.

7. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Supporting Member

Hey, I dislike BOTH Acoustic and Fender but I would get the Fender if I were choosing between the two. Better build, feels more solid and is not put out by Bain!

If I were looking for something *I* wanted I would be recommending something else. I like my Genz Benz and Glockenklang, but that is not what the OP was asking about.

Dan K.

8. pica

pica

There is a lot of love here for the Acoustic amp. I started a thread a while back on Acoustic and the response was favorable. I personally would go for the Rumble 350 combo amp.

9. ImJustDez

ImJustDez

So I'm seeing that Acoustic Amps aren't very favorable. Why's that? And also, what is Bain? I'm sorry,I don't know much about amps but I want to. Oh and one more question, why are Fender amps not liked? A couple people I know dislike them and i'd like to know why

10. Linnin

Linnin

You already know you love the Fender Rumble 350, and now is the time to buy. $350 shipped from Sweetwater, but don't dilly-dally or piddle around as time is of the essence. ROMP on it now as they will soon be gone. It's replacement is the soon to arrive Rumble 500 which I think is $500 and that is still quite a bargin.

I run a Rumble 350 head on top of a pair of Rumble 112 Neo cabs which is a seriously formidable gig-rig, and I can't say enough good things about it.

11. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88 Supporting Member

Bain Capitol is an organization that, generally speaking, buys companies on credit and has that company pay off the debt until they're insolvent and are forced to shut down.
    Fender ignored the high-end(high wattage) bass amp market for many years and lost a fair bit of brand loyalty as a result. They've been back at it for a while and the Rumble series gets very good reviews here.

12. pica

pica

Because Acoustic is associated with Guitar Center and many people don't like GC. I played a B200 and thought it sounded good.

13. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

It is not "associated", it is owned by GC.

Additionally, they are made by someone else, and re-badged with the Acoustic name. They deceptively advertise them to make people think they are the same as the old Acoustic Control Corp amps, when in fact they are NOTHING like the originals (GC pays for the right to use the name and color scheme).