1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

I was skeptical about Line 6 G series wireless but...

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by u84six, Dec 18, 2012.

1. u84six

u84six Supporting Member

now I'm pleasantly surprised! :) I picked up a G50 and wow!! This thing really works well! I thought I was going to be disappointed but I'm really impressed. It actually sounds better than the cord I was using. Amazing! Highly recommended if you're looking fore a wireless setup!
  2. Vinny D

Vinny D

I am not a big Line 6 person, but I also like there wireless units alot.
  3. brianerwin

brianerwin

I am looking at the Line 6 R30. I am seeing some pretty good reviews on it though.
  4. ErikW

ErikW

My little G30 has been working great for over a year now.
  5. jaywa

jaywa

My whole band has been using Line 6 wireless units for over 3 years. 50-60 gigs a year and no problems whatsoever.
  6. u84six

u84six Supporting Member

That's really good to know. Not only does it sound good, it lasts long! Gotta love quality products!
  7. jacojbass

jacojbass Supporting Member

300ish gigs on my g90, I love it.
  8. Tbranella

Tbranella

just got a Relay G50 a few weeks ago and so far I like it better than my "old" sennheiser EW172 G2...:hyper:
  9. Levenso

Levenso

I have a G50, works great!

But I'm wondering if I will have problems with the wire between my instrument and the body pack... I fear the connector may cause problems, and it's not a standard 1/4.
  10. bumperbass

bumperbass

Me too. Love the G50, but hate the straight 1/4" plug on my Pbass. I made myself a backup with a right angle plug. It works. Gotta think like a Boy Scout. Seems like a weak link, but it's probably more reliable than it feels.
  11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If only my 5 year old X2's would die, I'd get a couple Relays, but other than losing a battery door on one and having to replace battery clips, they've been tanks.
  12. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Sponsored by Jagermeister Supporting Member

I'm thouroughly enjoying the G50 I purchased recently. I too was not a Line 6 guy, but I'm extremely happy with it and the clarity of tone, and I completely love the pedal sized receiver. It sounds great, battery life is longer than expected or advertised, no dropouts and no outside interference.

If you folks are wondering about that cable, I see someone on the 'Bay is selling nice looking replacements in both straight and angle jacks.

The stainless clip does do a good job of holding onto the strap and staying put, but it will eventually chew up my straps from taking it on and off (each of my basses has it's own strap). So I need to come up with a better way to strap it so it doesnt tear them up.
  13. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    Keep in mind that Line 6 BOUGHT the tech. from a company called X2. I endorsed X2 untill Line 6 stook over.

I will say the when Line 6 made changes they were very smart changes. "AA" batteries, more chanels, smaller, user adjustable "cable tone". When I switched to the G50 from the older XDS Plus the improved sound was very noticable.

If someone buys another wireless unit they're wasting money. You can't beat em.

I play with it all the time now. You'd be surprised who uses these on the road but are not listed as artists.

The Mics are great also.
  14. Rockford

Rockford

Been using the G 30 for 6 months. Works great. Only negative is the battery door issue that's been discussed. A thick rubber band keeps it from opening up and spilling batteries everywhere. how do I know that? anyway, I wear the sending unit on my belt. Attaching it to the bass strap works but it could easily get stepped on when the bass is in its stand. Walk on. Plug in. Play. I like it
  15. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    The G30 is the entry level unit. It's made of polycarbonate and can have problems with the battery door and belt clip.

The G50 and G90 are all metal and do not have this problem. You get what you pay for and for an extra $100 you get a lot.
  16. 1954bassman

1954bassman

Replacement cables are readly available in both straight and 90 degree ends. The body pack end connector is very robust. I when ahead and bought two 90's so I would have a spare, but after about a year, no problems.

also, Shure brand wireless body packs use the same cable ends as the G 50 (probably all the Line 6's).

I got mine on amazion or Ebay - I can't remember. seems like they were $20 - $25 each. I bought the ones with the Neutrik 90 1/4" plug, very heavy duty.
  17. 1954bassman

1954bassman

18. RichardCranium

RichardCranium Supporting Member

I love my G30 it works great never any problems. My only issue is that within a month the clip broke off but I just got one of those Velcro pouches and problem solved it was only like 10 bucks.

EDIT: beat me to it 1954 that's the one I have.
  19. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

Yeah, over 4 years and around 300 gigs on my XDR-95, and it's still going strong...

- georgestrings
  20. Already In Use

Already In Use

I clipped the body pack on my strap so it stays with the bass. I have a Shure and the clip is really tight..works well for me. I placed it as close to the bottom strap button as possible..easy to hit the on//off///standby button and easy to swap batteries.