1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

I would love to attend this school

Discussion in 'Ask the Berklee Bass Department' started by rstellar13, Jan 7, 2014.

1. rstellar13

rstellar13 Sarcastic Panda Supporting Member

Hello everyone,
    My name is Emrich Stellar and I attend The Lehigh Valley Charter Highschool for the Arts (http://www.charterarts.org) which is a vigiours school that has a regular academic schedule, while having a very challenging musical program in the afternoon. I play the electric and upright bass, and I am apart of various school based ensembles, my own personal gipsy jazz trio, and the school orchestra. I am also the head leader in my Boy Scout troop and have almost achieved the rank of Eagle Scout, so I have some very good leadership skills. I am personal taught by the famous Bahkithi Kumalo, who was or is faculty at your school, Stefan Pizzuto, and Greg Eicher. I am planning on auditioning to your school next year because I am currently in 10th grade.
    So I have a few questions, What kind of grades is Berklee looking for in each student? When should I schedule an audition?
    Thank you guys for making great musicians, and I thank you all for taking to them to read this!
  2. Steve Bailey

Steve Bailey Supporting Member

Hi Emrich,

Hope this helps.. and there is a lot more info on the site, including faculty info. Bakithi is a wonderful person and player. He visited last year and we had a great time, along with Abe Laboriel, and Hutch Hutchinson. Good luck on your journey.

http://www.berklee.edu/admissions