Ibanez Bartolini Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by slend3r, Feb 17, 2013.

1. slend3r

slend3r

Hey all, I'm looking at picking up a new bass and am looking at the Ibanez SR600. These come with Bartolini passive humbuckers, and an active preamp. The question I have is how do these pickups sound?

Right now I'm playing a Squier VM Jazz with Dimarzio Model J's which I love the sound of. I play loud aggressive music, and like to drop the volume on the neck pickup on my jazz to get a little more "bite" out the bridge pickup. I'm wondering if the Ibanez with the Bartolinis can get close to that sound any input would be appreciated.

Also I don't know if this belongs here of the bass forum, so redirect me if needed.

2. DaveyM69

DaveyM69

I can't comment on the comparison to Squier VM Jazz with Dimarzio Model J's as I've never tried it, but I have recently picked up a Cort A6 which has the same stock electronics I believe.

The pick ups are fine (although I'm looking to swap them for the MK6s at some point soon). The pre isn't too bad - a little harsh on the treble as reported elsewhere in my opinion, but still very usable. I changed that out for a Bart NTMB and sounds even better now.

Not what you asked, but I hope it may be of some use.

3. slend3r

slend3r

No worries, was just mostly stating what I currently played and what type of music I played to give people an idea of what I was looking for.

I would love to be able to sit down with the bass before I pull the trigger, but there are no "big" music stores around that carry what I was looking at so I was just looking for some opinions. Appreciate the input.

4. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    The Barts in the Ibanez are really nice. Pleanty of low end, nice top and solid mids. The pre allows you to dial in a lot of nice tones. Round, fat and punchy.

These are HiFi pickups. If you don't know what that means, you will notice right away.

Of all the Ibanez pickups I like the Nordstrand Big Singles in some of their basses. Over all better than the Barts.but the basses are more expensive than the 600 series.

5. Register to disable this ad