Ibanez BP10 on EBay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rusty G String, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Rusty G String

Rusty G String

I've found these ibanez compressors being sold on eBay as vintage pedals from $65 to $200. I have one. It's ok. Does anybody know why these are priced so high? Does anybody think they are that good?

2. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    "vintage"

I had one and didn't think that much of it.

3. avvie

avvie

They are being presented as "vintage" and being priced to take advantage of the ignorant. I own one myself. They're only worth about $35.

I tried EBaying it for $150 according to the PT Barnum School Of Economics, but no bites.

4. Rusty G String

Rusty G String

That's just what I figured. I paid $40 for mine and would love to sell it for 4x as much. Oh well.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jonesy

Jonesy

I'm of the opinion it is a pretty swell pedal, if you want an almost noiseless, transparent, subtle and "set it and forget it" bass compressor.
    It is not a pedal for those who seek a noticeably compressed effect.
    I'm also of the opinion it's qualities are more appreciable in front of a tube amp than a SS amp.
    I had one die several years ago and after a few years of trying several other comparable pedals and under $300.00 rack-mount compressors, have bought 2 more BP10's off Ebay (each for around $40.00)

7. Mosfed

Mosfed The mighty mighty

There are a wealth of crap (not saying these are crap - more making a point) effects that are old and so now they become desirable. I get the point, but often times - and this is one of them - old is not always better.