Ibanez BP10 on EBay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rusty G String, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Rusty G String

Rusty G String

Mar 19, 2013
    I've found these ibanez compressors being sold on eBay as vintage pedals from $65 to $200. I have one. It's ok. Does anybody know why these are priced so high? Does anybody think they are that good?
  2. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Always groove.... Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md

I had one and didn't think that much of it.
  3. avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    They are being presented as "vintage" and being priced to take advantage of the ignorant. I own one myself. They're only worth about $35.

I tried EBaying it for $150 according to the PT Barnum School Of Economics, but no bites.
  4. Rusty G String

Rusty G String

Mar 19, 2013
    That's just what I figured. I paid $40 for mine and would love to sell it for 4x as much. Oh well.
  5. Sponsored by:

6. Jonesy

Feb 21, 2006
    I'm of the opinion it is a pretty swell pedal, if you want an almost noiseless, transparent, subtle and "set it and forget it" bass compressor.
    It is not a pedal for those who seek a noticeably compressed effect.
    I'm also of the opinion it's qualities are more appreciable in front of a tube amp than a SS amp.
    I had one die several years ago and after a few years of trying several other comparable pedals and under $300.00 rack-mount compressors, have bought 2 more BP10's off Ebay (each for around $40.00)
  7. Mosfed

Mosfed Supporting Member Commercial User

Apr 21, 2013
    Mont Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    There are a wealth of crap (not saying these are crap - more making a point) effects that are old and so now they become desirable. I get the point, but often times - and this is one of them - old is not always better.