1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ibanez BTB 1405e Premium bass owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by campbems, Feb 13, 2014.

1. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

I just purchased a new 1405 and I am excited to get it even thought I've never seen one or played one. I was wanting t get some feedback to people who own or have played on of these bass. Not a whole lot of feedback regarding these so I was wanting to see what people thought. Thanks for the feedback.
  2. campbems

Surely someone owns one of these or have played or seen one? Any information is helpful.
  3. Wallace320

Wallace320

Apart from Soundgear's super slim neck (especially on 5ers where string spacin' is 16,5mm) the sound is incredibly more
    "jazzy", for it sports dual Nordstrand Big Singles which, turnin' the preamp off, grant that growl we know and love.

The design doesn't disclose anything about that, and sure the three band equalizer with midfrequency switch (250hz-600hz) offer much more than that, if need be. But the point is: even if the body is mahogany, both maple top and passive operation
    combine for a veritable "jazzy" sound you can add to all the rest: hitech, perceived hiquality, lightweight, slim stable neck

You won't be disappointed

Cheers,
    Wallace
  4. campbems

Thank you for your input. I have wanted this bass for a while and it looks be a very high quality in build and sound but apparently theres not many out there. Hard to find much feedback on this bass.
  5. Wallace320

Wallace320

Not so many over here as well

Its open pore maple top looked less "Warwick" than Sr1200's ovangkol and less "Ibanez" than SrXXV's padauk (I had both)

But it sure sound even more bright!

I can't imagine the slap sound with your MarkBass (2x10")+(2x10")!

Cheers,
    Wallace
  6. campbems

Well the reason I bought it is I loved the Ibanez SR 1605 Burl top bass and the Nordy pickups. I thought that this bass would be even better. Love the clarity and look of these bass. Never thought I would be a Ibanez lover but the Premium bass line with the Nordy electronics have impressed me. Perfect for the Praise and Worship music our band plays.
  7. Max Blasto

Max Blasto

I have an earlier model (1005e), but let me put it this way: this bass revolutionized my playing. The 1405e is likely to do the same for you. Don't bother trying to cop a Jazz (it can), just let it sound like you. It can. It might take you a little while to really get a feel for it, it but I've been playing mine for over 12 years and if something happened to it, there would be tears.