1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ibanez btb 305 replacement neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by simonklemesrud, Apr 15, 2014.

1. simonklemesrud

simonklemesrud

I really need help.
    I bought a used Ibanez btb 305 a few years back, the neck is super warped now and the guy that owned it before me stripped the truss rod. Is there a way to fix this, or do I need a new neck? If I cant fix it, does any one know of a neck that will fit it? I tried to get a hold of Ibanez, but its been two weeks now and no reply.

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

yeesh, this is gonna be tough.

unless someone just jammed the wrong wrench in there to strip out the truss rod nut, chances are it's rounded off because the rod won't go any tighter and you may indeed need a new neck.

trouble is, nothing besides the exact original neck will fit, and ibanez either won't sell you one or will charge way more than it's worth.

you'd probably have better luck finding another whole bass on ebay or wherever.