1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ibanez BTB 775 Electronics? (Pics)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by backline112, Sep 18, 2009.

1. backline112

backline112

Does someone know what the blue knobs on the back of the BTB 775 do? I've experimented with them but I'm still confused as to what exactly do they do. Increase output signal? Increase/Decrease treble (or bass?)

I searched.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Link to more pics:
    http://img32.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img0018kh.jpg

Thanks!
  2. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

Looks like level adjustments. Does it have piezo?
  3. backline112

backline112

4. backline112

backline112

Bump. No one? =(
  5. jefwho

jefwho

yea i believe that bass does have a piezo. I know the 750 does.
  6. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

The term used by Ibanez is "Piezo Sensitivity Trims". They are for setting the Piezo pickup for EACH string to balance the output with the megnetic pickups. The other two should be level adjustments for the magnetic pickups.
  7. backline112

backline112

Ahahahaha are you serious? Those little blue things on the back of the bridge are 5 small pickups?

Hey thanks a lot two fingers, I always see you're helping people. Thanks to your post I included the word "trims" in my searches and found a manual! I understand everything now. Thanks!

/Thread.

EDIT: The Manual.
  8. Bygde

Bygde

The pickups are actually under the bridge saddles. See the little wires going from the bridge on the pic? They are going from the pickups to the circuitboard.
  9. inmate13

inmate13

How come i dont have these on mine 775 :)
  10. Jammin Johneboy

Jammin Johneboy

BTB775s did not have the bridge pickups as far as I know . The bridge pickups were in BTB 785s .

Also here is a link to an Ibanez owners manual , it shows how to adjust the bridge pickups for Ibanez basses . http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/manual/guitars/EDA.pdf

The five holes under the bridge are the individual string volume adjustments as has already been said here . With the other two holes , the one closest to the bottom of the bass is the overall volume for the bridge pickup to balance it against the volume of the magnetic pickups . The other hole a little higher up is an EQ adjustment for the brightness of the bridge pickup .
  11. Stealth

Stealth Supporting Member

The blue things are trimpots - small potentiometers similar to the knobs on the bass, but they're adjusted with a screwdriver. Basically, it's a set-and-forget thing - once you get it working, you usually ignore it.