1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ibanez BTB Club, Part 2!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 25, 2011.

1. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
  2. thrakkor

thrakkor

i'd say that previous sixer is a 556 because it doesn't have a flamed top (or so it looks to me) and it has the vari-mid EQ, not the bart one like my 1006.

plug the serial number in here: The Guitar Dater Project - Ibanez Serial Number Decoder
    and see where and when it was built. 1006 was built in japan, 556 probably in korea, if i had to guess.

3. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I'm a Fuzzrocious-aholic. It's been one week since I bought my last Fuzzrocious pedal.
    Thanks. It was built in Korea in 2006. I bought it on ebay and it just arrived today. The seller was pretty optimistic about the condition, and I was not too thrilled, but when I plugged it in it sounded great. I can't wait to hear it with fresh strings. It's actually set up pretty well.

4. TomA1234

TomA1234

It's very quiet here, anyone got any news?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Splinched

Splinched

she's pretty.
    Going to be switching out the preamp for another one or simply installing a switch to bypass it due to it being excessively muddy when I hit the bass a little more than gently.. Otherwise, sexiest mofo ever.

Attached Files:

7. TomA1234

TomA1234

8. TomA1234

TomA1234

9. naiko

naiko

Hey guys, I just loaded my loyal BTB 205 with an EMG 40DC (bridge) and a 40TW (neck) and blew the PHAT II EQ away to keep two volumes and a passive tone control. I´m pretty excited with the tones i´m getting. Quite aggresive yet versatile. Just wanted to share it.

10. TomA1234

TomA1234

anyone got any news?

11. thrakkor

thrakkor

i added a fourth BTB last winter and just now got a new picture of the stable up... new one is BTB406 on the right. used GC buy, a little dinged up, but sounds/feels great. string spacing is 18 mm vs 19 mm of my other BTBs.. strung her up with Naked Strings, which were a helluva deal and sound great and are gentle on the fingers.

[​IMG]

12. TomA1234

TomA1234

That's a nice collection. That's some serious flaming on the 6er.

13. Ben Coffin

Ben Coffin

I've got a 2006 BTB 405QM and I've been gassing so hard for that Natural 6, and now you have to go and post that :p :bawl: :bassist:

14. metalinthenight

metalinthenight Supporting Member

Here is a shot of my BTB676. I freakin' love this bass!

It was quite a jump from my Ibby SR506! This bass is gigantic compared to that one, but now I wouldn't have it any other way. I love the low B on this bass and all others that I've tried have felt weak by comparison.

Has anyone tried to put a set of Dual Coils and/or Big Singles in their BTB676? I've been thinking about doing that to mine.

Attached Files:

15. Bogster

Bogster Supporting Member

The Neutrik Locking jack in my BTB405 isn't working anymore. Is there any fix for this? It's a feature with this bass that I've always enjoyed but now my cord slides right out without depressing the "unlock" lever. Nothing comestically wrong with it, as it appears to be fine. Is something stripped inside and do I just need to replace it?

16. TomA1234

TomA1234

I think you just need to replace it.
    It's strange, every cable I try locks apart from my planet waves cable.

17. Rob22315

Rob22315

You can find them on line in silver or black if you prefer. Pretty cheap too - around $15 or so including shipping. If you're decent with a soldering iron, should only take you about 10 minutes.

18. Bogster

Bogster Supporting Member

Thanks, fellas. Yeah, I figured it probably just needs to be replaced. I'll probably pick one up online soon and replace it. It's not a major issue, but still something I've always enjoyed about BTB's.

19. Vandy

Vandy Banned

Hi guys . . .
    Have a BTB 575FM that I bought in June 2010. It was a "factory second" & was only $400.
    Now, the only "discrepancy" that I could see at the time were rough frets, which I sanded (before I bled to death) . . .
    Any other places/things/whatever that might be the cause for the "second" designation?
    The Bartolini Mk2's, etc. are fine; the pegs hold tuning (standard); maybe the "B" intonation could be "longer" . . .
    Otherwise, I'm lovin' this (heavy) rascal (through a Hartke HyDrive 210c) . . .

20. [BassiLow]

[BassiLow]

I might join this club to, if you let me ;)
    this is my BTB305

Attached Files:

21. TomA1234

TomA1234

182 [BassiLow]

Is it just me or do 80% of the BTB's o here seem to be 5 strings?