1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ibanez btb six string bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Iron wells, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Iron wells

Iron wells

Okay so I'm tempted
    To ave up and purchase one of the lower priced ibanez btb six string bass, specifically the btb676, I'm wondering if any of my bass playin brothers and sisters has or has used one, and the thoughts! I had a sdgr series sixer before, loved it, but it didn't fit the need of the band I was in at the time, now I been itchin to get another six, an the body style caught my eye, and just wanted opinions! Thanks!!!

2. irbass

irbass Supporting Member

I got a Btb 2001 the only thing i did i replaced the preamp for Bartolini NTMB 918, because it works better with barts MK pup's.
    I love the bass.
    Light bass, easy neck to play.
    scale35, 19mm spacing.
    The new one's i don't know about it, but people are saying it's a very nice bass for the price.

3. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

I don't own one, but I'm very sure that you will love it. It has a neckthrough design and a 35 inch scale length. 2 things that most SDGR basses don't have ;)

4. Hamlet7768

Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum.

I can't speak for the exact quality of the BTB676, as I have a different model, but the BTB's overall are excellent basses, particularly for the price. The pickups and preamp give a good variety of pickup choices, and the neck is very easy to play. It certainly made for an easy transition from 4 to 6 for me!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. groovybass83gr

groovybass83gr

Hello there, this is my first post so please be gentle!

So i have bought Ibanez btb 676 one month ago. First of all is very easy to play and to access all frets even to 24th fret. I play bass almost 15 years now, and I have played many basses(Fender, Warwick, Yamaha, LTD, Musicman), that one is one of the most playable basses I have played and it is not even heavy for 6 string bass.

Now about the electronics. First of all when everything set to flat you have a very good tone very clean without being very bright or very bassy. The eq pots have a bit short distance so with a minor change on them the sound changes a lot but in general you virtually can achieve whatever sound you want with this eq, is very flexible.

One thing that I have noticed when the treble pot is a bit less than in the middle, in the middle and above middle, is that I have a bit of ham at the PA system, but there is no ham at all to my amp. I am not quite sure if is a problem at the PA system, or instrument's pups or preamp. In general in active bass guitars when you increase the treble to maximum usually there is a ham, in that case though the ham starts before that level but as I said only at the PA system and not at my amp.

Now the bridge system and the fact that is neck through it gives amazing sustain and clarity. The wood combination and the eq features can achieve variety of tones that can fit almost in any kind of music.

In conclusion I totally recommend this bass, very easy to play, variety of tones, lots of sustain. Now about the ham issue that I have said, worst case scenario is to replace the pups or the preamp this means 200-300$ more (of course if I make sure that its the instrument's problem). The fact that this instrument is NT with good woods I wouldnt mind to invest this kind of money to electronics or pups, its a good bargain and still the best value for the money even with this extra cost.

7. datsaxguy

datsaxguy Supporting Member