Ibanez BTB1406E Premium

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stix_clgi, Jan 24, 2013.

1. stix_clgi

stix_clgi

What's up TB!

I don't normally do threads like these, but I just saw the Ibanez BTB1406E Premium and was wondering if yall had seen it too. What's crazy is I found it on American Musical Supply; it's not even on the Ibanez website yet (as of 2:07p Eastern:smug:)

I loved the SR1206 Premium I played, but I've always wanted to replace my old BTB. This may just be the monster to do it....

Every time I say I'm just gonna keep saving for a Brubaker, something like this comes along...tell me, does it ever stop?

Rock on:bassist:

2. Joe Milo

Joe Milo

That is a nice looking bass..... Not knocking on Ibanez so please understand this.....The bass is listed for $1,599.99 and all you get is a gig bag with it? For that kind of money I would expect a HSC to come with it!

My daughter has an Ibanez BTB 300(? I think) and it came with nothing...Then again its the low budget BTB model so that is to be expected.

3. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

It looks pretty sweet. I've just Googled the BTB1406E and I see links to it everywhere... MF, GC, Sweetwater, etc. It seems to have spread rather quickly.

Here's a pic.
    [​IMG]

4. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Warwicks come with gigbags....and they're in the same price range (if not higher)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Some manufacturers, both on the low and high-price scales, do not provide one at all. A case or gigbag would be an additional charge.

7. Joe Milo

Joe Milo

8. stix_clgi

stix_clgi

Yeah, just to echo everyone else, even some custom luthiers only provide a gigbag. Maybe they figure if you're spending that much on a bass, you already have one (???). I can't wait to try one out though. It's strange to me Ibanez hasn't put up any info on their website. Perhaps this is from NAMM....

9. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I bought this topic up once in this board. The response was essentially, that the cost would need to be included either way, either charging separately or adding to the instrument price to cover the cost of the gigbag / case.

10. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Now, continuing on the Ibanez topic, there was a 6-string Grooveline pic posted here awhile ago. I wonder if that item is starting to appear in music shop websites now.

11. stix_clgi

stix_clgi

Yes sir, Musicians Friend has 'em:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/ibanez-grooveline-g106-6-string-electric-bass

As far as the gig bag thing goes, I can't imagine it's that much of a cost for a company, especially if it's just a padded gigbag....they're like $40-60, up to over $100 for iGigs and Mono Cases (if I ever see one those offered with a bass I'll know the apocalypse is coming!). I believe Warwick provides a full ATA flight case with their custom shop models. Those cases look like they would be easily $300...

12. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Cool. Thanks!

I love Warwick products but having read the custom shop prices, I would hope they would use a durable flight case to ship it to you.

13. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

1600 US dollar.. Little bit more expensive then the SR Premium

14. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Yes, but remember Ibanez and non-retention of resale value. I'll take a guess that a used one after a year will probably go for +\- $1,000.

Also, if music shops have 15% discounts around Christmas time, like last year, it'd bring a new price down to about $1,360.

15. Thomas Kievit

True, it's all possible. Though I wish that Ibanez uses less mahogany for their basses. most SR and BTB are from mahogany. Swamp Ash or Alder would be interesting :)

16. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Shhh... Don't spoil their 2014 NAMM reveal. lol

17. Thomas Kievit

I hope they will xD Seriously. I have enough of the mahogany body's xD

18. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut Supporting Member

[DEL]Is 1600 the street price or is it MSRP?
    [/DEL]
    Ah nevermind, just saw the link in the OP. Oh well.