Ibanez Controls....

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by hopfreek, Aug 21, 2013.

1. hopfreek

hopfreek

I need to know what the function is of each of the control knobs on an sra505....Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas

Disclosures:
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    It's the EQB-IIIC preamp.
  3. J-wall

J-wall

Big knobs are volume and blend. Small ones are bass (100hz shelving), midrange centered at 1K, and treble that is shelving starting at 1K and up. It is the preamp in the SR405's and 3XX series currently I believe.
  4. hopfreek

hopfreek

This bass is an sra505. Would that be the same as the sr you mentioned? Someone told me there is a pic of the controls on the internet with a description of each knob but I'm not finding it anywhere. Does anyone know where that might be?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Toptube

Toptube

7. Droopy

Droopy

Are any stack knobs? How many knobs. Does matter in most casts Ibanez electronics stink and should be replace with the pu(s).
  8. wcriley

wcriley

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Droopy, you are obviously not familiar with the SRA505, so why the recommendation to replace the EQ and pickups?

EMG HZs are decent pickups. They (and the preamp voicing) might not be everyone's cuppa', but that doesn't mean they "stink".
  9. J-wall

J-wall

I own an SRA505. As the pic above your last post shows, there are 5 knobs, none are stacked, all frequencies are set, in other words, non-adjustable.

People do tend to gut and replace Ibanez electronics. I still have my stock electronics but replaced my neck humbucker - the EMGHZ pups don't do it for me. I onlt replaced the neck because I don't like bridge pups, so I saved $100. The bass works fine, I usually leave it flat (no boost or cut) and eq at the amp.
  10. hopfreek

hopfreek

Thanks everybody. Especially Toptube for that diagram I was looking for. I'd love to buy you a beer....