1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ibanez Destroyer...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ThatguyRory, Oct 21, 2013.

1. ThatguyRory

ThatguyRory

So I've picked up an old ibanez destroyer for about $70 that the previous owner started to sand back and rebuild but eventually got too lazy to complete..

I'm just trying to find out some details about these things.. year made and all that jazz.. plus i'm not too sure what wood these are made from.

Any info would be much appreciated!

[​IMG]
  2. Inconnu

Inconnu

I have one. It was my first bass and I never let it go. They where made from around 1984 to 1988 or 1989 I think. Bought mine used in 1990 and it was 2 years old. I'll try to find a link to an Ibanez related site where I've found info on it... if it still exists. I'll post it later on, can't do it right now.
  3. deathsdj

deathsdj Supporting Member

That body looks like it has been altered to me. I'm no expert but I have three destroyers and none of them look like that. The pickup configuration is different than anything I have yet seen as well.

EDIT: Looked around a bit and it looks like you do have an original destroyer there, just a later model that I have not seen.

Cheers!

MJW
  4. powmetalbassist

powmetalbassist Supporting Member

5. ThatguyRory

ThatguyRory

Awesome, dudes! Thanks heaps. Sure does look like a DB700.
  6. Inconnu

Inconnu

Yup, it's like mine!
  7. skot71

skot71 Guest

I have one of those. Mine's a 1985.