1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ibanez EDA 900/905 Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by coolrunner989, Sep 10, 2007.

1. coolrunner989

coolrunner989 Supporting Member

For all those who love these basses! There are more people that I thought who have these, so I figured we could all share our basses (hopefully somebody has one of the cool blue or red ones?) and what kind of rig you run it through - I've found them to be very transparent kind of basses.

we can make this an official club with numbers and all that, or this can just be a place to share stories, gear, ect.

Oh yeah - sound clips would be great as well!

I'll kick it off with this!
    [​IMG]

I wouldnt give up either my eda905 or my 905f. Nothing else feels as good to me, and they sound great IMO. Especially for the price.

I got the fretless this summer, and I've had the fretted for about 2 and a half to 3 years now. My main go-to basses, over my MIM jazz.
    I ran it through a GK backline rig, didnt like it. I love GK, but I shouldntve gotten the bl410 cab....

Now I run it through an ampeg BA115 combo and a sansamp preamp...sounds sweet!

I play mostly pick-style, and tune my fretted DADGC and my fretles standard BEADG and play that finger-style.
  2. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

[​IMG]

I love my EDA-905.

Definately wanting to get one of the fretless models (have had an eye out for them on ebay). I quite fancy getting a purple one, but they are ultra rare (saw a fretted purple one for the first time 4-5 months back).
  3. coolrunner989

whoa - I didnt know they made a purple one! maybe its the blue one, but it looks weird?

that red looks really nice btw
  4. ROON

ROON

What's with the glowing flames in the shape of an EDA in your avatar coolrunner? I want a bigger pic of it! :hyper:
  5. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

As a previous owner of one, I can say that they are certainly unique and have a great neck. The tone is nowhere near classic, but that's a good thing based on who you talk to :)
  6. coolrunner989

lol

For battle of the bands, three years ago, my band decided we were going to use blacklights as our primary stage illumination.
    I wanted my bass to stand out, so I had my artistic friend do something to it, preferably with flames. What I got, was this!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

totally blew me away when I saw it - he used plain white paper soaked in highlighter and used double sided tape to put it on the bass. The second picture is flames going around the tuning pegs in the headstock, with his sig in the corner.

we won this year :D
  7. ROON

ROON

^^^^ Awesome. :D
  8. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

I'll try and find pictures.

It was definatley purple, nowhere near the Jem Blue

I also want a black one, but those are pretty rare too (the actual matt black ones, not the greys)
  9. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

I found the ebay listing, damn i wish i had bid on it, went for a steal of a price :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had never seen one before, it is definatley not Jem Blue tho! :)
  10. cricketfever32

cricketfever32

im diggin the purple, wish they made 6'ers, i'd hop on one in an instant
  11. coolrunner989

12. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

I have one... the wizard zinc finish.... pretty cool little bass but, it is in my closet with no strings being neglected and jealous of my other basses. :meh: I always thought that the navy blue burst was the best looking finish on these.
  13. Michael Jewels

Michael Jewels

I just found this thread.

May I join the club? :hyper:

I bought my EDA905F in 2003, because I wanted a fretless with an unlined neck for less than $1,000, and Musiciansfriend had them in stock.

I had played a couple of the fretted ones before, but couldn't figure out how to get the best sound from the EQ.

Come on guys, you gotta admit that this bass has one of the strangest EQs you can find: 2 Band EQ for the magnetic pickup; bass & treble either boosted or cut at the same time.

Piezo treble control on the front of the bass, while the bass control is on the back. :confused:

One master volume control for the mag pup, with individual volume pots for each string on the back.

Two volume controls for the piezos, one front, one back.

I love the sound I can get out of mine, but it did take me over a month of fooling around with it to get the sound I like.

OK, I'm done complaining. Here's mine.
    [​IMG]

Isn't this the most comfortable bass you've ever played? :cool:

Mike
  14. coolrunner989

yes, I love finding other people with these basses. I've been home for 3 weeks (college xmas break) and I miss playing it lol.

Very nice photo skills btw :)
  15. Michael Jewels

Michael Jewels

Thanks, coolrunner989.

Mike ;)
  16. jerm

jerm

I own one and it sounds great but my action is terribly high.
  17. Michael Jewels

Michael Jewels

So is mine. But, I like high action on a fretless; the notes decay nicely. :)

I think this is a characteristic of this bass.

Mike
  18. ofsalesmen

ofsalesmen

I'm a proud owner of a relatively plain but pretty Silver Flat Metallic EDA 900. I got it for $200 off eBay a year and a half ago and it's probably the best deal I've ever gotten. This bass is worth its weight in gold... I love everything about it: the sexy body, the thin and fast neck, and the solid electronics. It just saddens me that the EDA is a bit underrated and unheard of. This is my favorite bass and definitely a keeper.

Now if I could only find a fretless model... or a blue one... those are incredibly sexy.

Here's Cassandra:
    [​IMG]
  19. Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Count me in on this one! I just picked one up at a pawn shop. Flat silver just like the post before me. He's in Raleigh - Im in Durham wonder if he still owns it or put it in a pawn shop?????
  20. scottice

scottice Supporting Member

I've never even seen one of these. Crazy!