1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

Ibanez EDA 905

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bendeer, Jan 20, 2014.

1. bendeer

bendeer

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me something about Ibanez EDA 905? I'm wondering about buying this thing, but there is almost nothing about these basses..

Cheers

2. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

Ibanez only made the 905 for a year or two; apparently they didn't sell well. I have 2 and like them. If you're looking for a Precision or Jazz tone, you won't find either with this bass. They can sound quacky if you turn up the piezo pickup too far. I've been able to tame mine by running the magnetic pickup/tone on full, and the piezo pickup/tone around 25%.

The Luthite bodies smell like gasoline and I would advise not leaving them in a closed case for too long or the fumes will knock you out when you open it. Mine hang on the wall until I take them to a show. I've heard they break easily. One of mine is missing the bottom horn, but I have no idea how that happened since I bought it that way. My other 905, OTOH was near-mint when I acquired it used a couple of years ago.

Bottom line: If you want a bass that doesn't sound or look like like what most people are used to, go for it. They're also a good conversation piece. My orange 905 looks like a big Cheeto and usually draws attention when I take it out.

3. bendeer

bendeer

Thank You BBox Bass!
    This guitar looks amazing, but I have some worries about piezo's. This bass is not so "glossy"? with them? What about punch?
    I don't expect from him to be like a Precision or Jazz bass ;) But I would like to have powerful guitar with strong low range while playing open A :p

Cheers