1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ibanez experts ! Need help to identify this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ntbhoang, Aug 14, 2013.

1. ntbhoang

ntbhoang

I've just purchased an old Ibanez bass that made in Korea, JJ configuration pups, red color. I know it's SR series but have no idea about the exact series. So Ibanez expert, can you indentify that bass for me. Thank you

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Looks like a GSR180
  3. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass Supporting Member

It does, but it's not. See the Soundgear logo on the headstock, so not a G series bass.
  4. tylerwylie

tylerwylie Supporting Member

That's a keeper. Their MIK stuff is awesome.
    Not sure what model it is though.
  5. 6stringpanda

6stringpanda

6. karl_em_all

karl_em_all

I have an SR300 made in Korea. It has a split humbucker.
  7. AMp'D.2play

AMp'D.2play Supporting Member

8. ntbhoang

ntbhoang

The serial number on the headstock said that it's 2001 made in Korea bass, then i searched in Ibanez 2000s catalog, still found nothing like my bass.

P/S: i guess it's a SR300 version (JJ pups) but confusing at this time, anyway for 150$ bucks, it's play like a butter and sounds good