1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ibanez, Fender....Bloods and Crips, Hells angels and Mongols?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ImNotJoel, Jan 20, 2014.

1. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Never seen a forum with this mentality.

Threads are like turf there's an ibanez question some one from the fender crew has to fire shots they have no business or input besides saying "get a p bass ibanez sucks". Then a turf war goes you got the ibanez outfit saying "it's great and affordable not over priced doesn't look like every other bass."

Anyone have anymore rival examples? like fender (Yankees) ibanez (red sox).

Also do any other brands or clubs in this forum have a rivalry like this?

How did it all start, who are the shot callahs here?

Will the thread wars ever end?

2. Fender05

Fender05

At least where I live, there's a big rivalry between Warwick and Spector. I land firmly on the Warwick side of things (obviously). Not hating on Spector, just Warwick does it for me.

3. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together

I have 16 stitches from walking alone with my Ibanez and encountering a gang of Yamaha players. But my girlfriend, Maria, lives on that side of town so I still take chances. That's love for you.

4. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

^ I've never seen a bigger war zone than the TB Basses forum. The sheer venomous language, and hate speech makes it near intolerable. :D

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

This is already interesting and informative Yamaha also has need with ibanez then Warwick and Spector I can see them going at it.

Swamp bass I hope your girlfriends dad doesn't use Yamaha you're a living Romeo.

I guess I'm a snitch I use a ibanez sr as my primary but I use a fender jazz bass fretless for fretless stuff.....

When the Fender crew found out I wear a wire I found they use a p bass for a hell of a lot more than every genre of music....Doctor says when I leave the hospital it will be a miracle if I walk ever again

7. thunderbird66

thunderbird66

Ya know a lot of people have misconceptions about us epiphone guys....you know like we're just prospects or wanna be's for Gibson. NOT TRUE!
    We'll glady do business with anyone or thing that's neckthru,
    set neck, single cutaway, humbuckering, etc.....keep your eye on on the eb4 guys and double cutaway guys. I don't trust them but the squire guys are ALWAYS welcome here. We got cred. This conversation never happened. NEVER HAPPENED.

8. antoniolopez90

antoniolopez90

:ninja: I cant say I am affiliated both ways lol

9. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

I'm an "equal opportunity" bass newbie who regularly abuses Fenders, Squiers and vintage Peavey models.

Tell ya what, tho....if the "turf wars" ever got TOO serious, I'd be danged glad to have a nice, stout, club-like 11-1/2 pound T40 in MY corner!!!!!

[​IMG]

10. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

You bring another great question are there any alliances with brands.

And thunder bird you have cleared the air about the epiphone stigma but how about squire and fender?

Squire guys clear the air are you just prospects or are you the real deal totally different brand!?!?

11. bass geetarist

bass geetarist Supporting Member

I've read some pretty harsh vitriol tossed about between fender and gibson fans on guitar player websites, which I'm sure won't surprise anybody...

Other classic rivalries that come to mind....

Toronto maple leafs vs Ottawa senators
    Trekkies:thumbup: vs star wars:thumbdown: guys
    Picks vs fingers
    Slapping vs fingers

12. theguy155

theguy155

get a p bass ibanez sucks dude

13. theguy155

theguy155

actually i play a 5 string ibanez, its the only bass ive ever owned and i love the **** out of it, probably will never get rid of it

bought it for 150 dollars about 12 years ago

14. BassDaddy77

BassDaddy77

Ask the guy with the '62 Jazz wrapped around his neck. But, in an effort to keep prices where they are............ Squiers aren't REALLY basses , just wannabes....right?

15. edpal

edpal Banned

These threads get me a bit Peavy-ied. Makes me want to get out my AX and start Carvin. But I'm a Music Man, and I don't want to Cort trouble. So I'll just sit here wearing my Fodera, cool as James Dean. Assuming the Lotus position in a Guild of Rogues as an Aria gently plays.:cool:

16. peledog

peledog Supporting Member

/\ LOL

Also, don't pointy basses have an advantage cuz, you know - you can spear people.

17. edpal

edpal Banned

That could raise your Status, but my ESP tells me most people would just consider you a real Hohner - someone might even punch you in the Fender. Oh KAy?

Almost time for my final Ovation.

18. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Every f***ing time haha. Do you hit up like other forums like cooking forums, car forums, etc and tell them all get a p bass Chevys suck.

Someone's gotta hit the fender threads and say get an sr, get a Warwick, get a musicman.

I hope I don't get cancer and my doctors one of these fender gangstas and says get a p bass chemo sucks.

19. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Just so you know I actually was without a bass for a couple years I used my band mates five string squire jazz standard, even played shows they're great actually but I am currently an affiliate of fender and ibanez I can't clear the air for squire but you did, thanks.

So do you and epiphone so business together and conspiring to over throw your sister brands.

20. rocmonster

rocmonster

Now Rickenbackers on the other hand...

21. thrasher666

thrasher666

Have a Squier P bass Special AND an Ibanez RD707. Both have their advantages & flaws. But I love them both equally!:)