Ibanez GARTB20 Wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by noahpurdy, Apr 16, 2012.

1. noahpurdy

noahpurdy

Hi all.

I recently got back into playing bass guitar and picked up a cheap Ibanez GARTB20 from a local Guitar Center to gig with my friends band. We play country and after I tossed some nice flat wound strings on it, it started to sound great.

My only problem is I have no idea what the knobs do. I haven't been able to discern any tone difference or volume difference. Either nothing happens when they're all off or I hear my bass when they're all turned all the way up. I've attached some photos of the wiring and pick-ups. (Am I right in my assumption I have two volume knobs and one tone knob, or am I mis-understanding the wiring of these guitars?)

I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron and good at following schematics. I was wondering if you'd have any suggestions of where I could purchase a kit to re-wire the thing so that it actually functions; and maybe new pick-ups to get some beefier tone.

Cheers and thanks in advanced. Any info is appreciated!

Noah

Attached Files:

2. OpticalAleutian

OpticalAleutian

I know this is an old thread but I want to bump this back up as I have a similar question about rewiring. My GARTB20's jack broke a while back and I want to start using it again so I'm looking into totally overhauling it