Ibanez Gio GSR206 bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Showdown, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Does anyone know of a drop in replacement bridge that will fit an Ibanez Gio GSR206? I would like to replace the chrome one on mine with black. It has 6 screws on the back edge and two on the front. I am looking for one that doesn't require modifying the bass. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Labi

Labi

In the worst case the only required modification would be filling the screw holes with toothpicks and drilling new ones, and that should be fairly easy. You might also get lucky and find a bridge with the exact placement of the screw holes, but you don't need to limit yourself to that.
    Here's a nice and very cheap bridge:
    http://www.wdmusic.com/6_string_bass_bridge_black.html

You might also want to contact Ibanez directly.
    Good luck!

3. churchpark

churchpark Supporting Member

Can a 18mm bridge be place without running over on neck you think? :hyper:

4. Showdown

I don't know. The B and C strings would probably be pretty close to the edge of the fingerboard, but it might be ok I'm not sure. It would be pretty close.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. churchpark

churchpark Supporting Member

I have the SR1206e and found it to be great until I noticed the narrow string spacing and it seems that most all Ibanez 6ers are. And the one that has a wider spacing looks too alien or gothic. This bass has great quality build and tone qualities. So far the downfall other than the spacings is neck dive below sea level. Its going back.

7. Showdown

To each his own. I have my GSR-206 because I love the narrow spacing. The neck dive I cured with Hipshot Ultra-Light tuners. I also disconnected the Phat boost and am all passive. It sounds great and plays great.