1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ibanez Mystery Pups Help!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RockinBass85, Jan 19, 2014.

1. RockinBass85

RockinBass85

Hey everyone, I was hoping I could pick your brains on this conundrum I'm currently facing. I recently purchased a set of active ibanez pups online for next to nothing. Original owner can't recall what bass he pulled them from as he's had them lying around for 20 years.

4 pots, vol, ble, tre, bas

I've searched all over the net and can't find an Ibanez bass wearing these. I have an Ibanez RB850, all the Roadstar basses I've seen both active and passive have pups that look different, (4 screws, instead of 3) and 3 pots.

If y'all can point me in the right direction as to where I might find some information, I'd be very grateful. Thank you.

[​IMG]
  2. dieselbass

dieselbass

Looks like the setup in my old Musician. Could be wrong though.
  3. RockinBass85

RockinBass85

Yes! Thats exactly where they're from. An 1985 Ibanez Musician MC2924, thanks for the tip!