Ibanez Prestige Mono-rail bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by 4to5to6, Nov 18, 2009.

1. 4to5to6

4to5to6 Bassist Supporting Member

Please help,

Does anyone know of a Canadian source for Ibanez parts or a possible alternate way I can repair my mono-rail bridge saddle?

Part number is 2BB1MR25K

It's from an Ibanez Prestige SR3006 from about 2002

Please see attached photos

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Jamie_Funk

Jamie_Funk Supporting Member

Go to Long and McQuade, or any Ibanez dealer, and they should be able to order the parts for you.

J

3. 4to5to6

Thanks Jamie. First thing I did once I found the exact part number was go to L&M and Tom Lee and after this made the rounds to all the local repair shops in hopes of finding a spare laying around. No results yet but I've emailed pictures out to a few more so we will see.

I may not have this 100 percent correct, but I understand Ibanez is distributed through FK Marketing in Montreal and it has been reported to me by a reliable source that it is absolutely impossible to get any parts out of them. They are barely even doing any warranty work on Ibanez basses or guitars at the moment. So far they have ignored all the email requests I have had sent to them by the stores. I am trying to track down a phone number so I can make a request as a customer. When it comes to customer support my experience with Ibanez so far would be rated as a 0! I refuse to have a bass around with a broken part so i am not going to give up.

I'm determined to find this part first as it will be a real pain if I have to build the piece from scratch. I understand the bridge pieces for the Prestige SR3006 is the same as the SR3005 and SR3004. The saddles are easily broken. It is a really weird bridge set up and I can see how easy it is to break it. There is a center 1.5mm allen that is used for the intonation adjustment and two more for the string heigth. If the intonation allen is not losened first the saddle will snap when the two allen screws are tightened to raise the saddle. Sadly, the center screw can easily be missed if you are unfamiliar with the bridge as it is hidden under the string. The saddle was broken when I bought the bass but I can see how I could have easily made the same mistake.

If anyone has the direct contact info for Ibanez Canada I would appreciate having it.

4. 4to5to6

Does anyone have a suggestion how I can solve my bridge problem?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. trowaclown

trowaclown

Ibanez seems to have a store up on their USA website.

https://store.ibanez.com/store/Product.aspx?i=2BB1MR4K

The link above isn't the direct replacement, since part numbers are different, but you could consider changing them all out, perhaps? The compatibility is, however, in question.

7. 4to5to6

Awesome!

I just sent Ibanez technical support found at the link you sent me an email to see if 2BB1MR4K will act as a replacement for 2BB1MR25K. I also asked if 2BB1MR25K is still available as a first choice.

Thank You very very much!

8. 4to5to6

Never heard from Ibanez but part showed up unexpectedly today at L&M today. They got it from Efkay in Montreal. Charged my 55.95CAD including taxes. I felt just a little ripped off but what could I do? Ouch! Thanks for everyone’s help.

If anyone is adjusting the bridge on an Ibanez Prestige with mono-rail bridge pieces please make sure you loosen the intonation adjustment screw before raising the height.

9. bassdood

bassdood

I have a 3005e with the mono-rail bridge. I was wondering how to adjust the intonation. As you mentioned, the center allen is hidden under the string. I haven't seen it yet, as the strings are on. I looked, too. I figured there must be one there somewhere, but it couldn't possibly require you to remove the string to get to it ...

How can one accurately adjust the intonation with no strings on? Once you know where to look, can you somehow adjust it without removing the string?

Otherwise, it would be 1) remove strings 2) make a guess at how much to turn the allen wrench 3) re-string 4) tune 5) see if you need to adjust some more 6) repeat all of the above steps over and over until you hit it.

Wow. And you would have to remove the string before trying to raise or lower the height? Talk about engineering design genius!

How much does the intonation need to be loosened before adjusting string height?

Thanks!

10. 62bass

62bass

I'm wondering if there even is an Ibanez Canada. I haven't been able to contact anyone at Ibanez in Canada. A couple years ago I did find an e mail address. I sent a couple emails and never got a reply. That company in Montreal is absolutely useless. They don't respond to emails either.

Ibanez USA is fine and they get a number of requests from Canadians for help. They're aware of the problems we have here. Unfortunately, they can't handle Canada.

I've had a number of complaints from myself and others sent to the VIPs at Ibanez via Carol Kaye. They said they understand there is some problem with Canada and will look into it. We'll see.

Canada is a drop in the bucket to most companies so we get the short end of the stick a lot.

What I'd do is send a letter to Ibanez head office outlining your complaints along with a promise to never buy another Ibanez or recommend one to anyone else.

I've been trying to find a Prometheon amp in Canada. That distributor has it listed but they don't have any in stock. On their website which the good guy at Steve's Music checked, it said available in the end of August. I doubt it will ever happen.

I can't understand how they can stay in business with service like that.

11. churchpark

churchpark Supporting Member

What about a blank or cover to insert in the housing for these mono bridge to place a regular bridge on it instead?

12. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

DUDE !!

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, COULD NOT GET THE PART FROM IBANEZ. ENDED UP MAKING MY OWN PIECE FROM PLASTIC & SELLING THE BASS... SO FRUSTRATING MAN !!!

13. churchpark

churchpark Supporting Member

Did you happen to find a blank or something spefically made for those mono bridge keys from Ibanez or just simply made your own? Did it change the quality and tone of the guitar you think? I can place a Hipshot A bridge of 18mm on it with perfect spacing for the neck, but those stupid monos is bazaar. A great downfall on Ibanez
    part. And you would notice that through the years in service, all of their basses got the same string spacings.

14. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Gold Supporting Member

I would love to ditch the mono rail system completely and replace them with a single Schaller bridge or something.

Has anyone done this before, heard of someone doing it, or recommend a replacement bridge ? I do understand the there will most likely need to be some mods done due to the switch from mono rails to a single bridge.

Any info / ideas would be much appreciated ...