Ibanez Ric Copy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by msact, Jan 10, 2014.

1. msact

msact Gold Supporting Member

I spotted this recently on ebay and just couldn't resist. Aside from missing the bridge pickup cover, it's in really good shape. Original case also. It plays and sounds awesome. I really couldn't be happier with this. I had one of these years ago and I really thrilled to have found this one.

Attached Files:

2. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

Congrats.

I have a Herby, AFAIK a predecessor to Ibanez, and those copies are really good.
    Their current prices reflect that as well, especially on the NT's.

The pickups may lose their magnetism, but if that happens, do re-magnetize them first before swapping to some other PU's.
    You'll be surprised.

Regards
    Sam
  3. 10cc

10cc

Always wanted one of these. They sound great.
  4. FreeBassJunky

FreeBassJunky

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. msact

msact Gold Supporting Member

The store was asking $650. I found a couple others for sale on the internet and they were asking for more so it seemed like a fair price. Also, given that everything works and it's in nice shape I knew it wouldn't last long and I really wanted it.

Here is a link to one of those others. This one is more but the bridge pickup doesn't work.
    https://reverb.com/item/50934-ibanez-2388b-1976-fireglo-japan-mij-vintage

Here is another, but if you read the description you will see there are some issues. If it's got a bad truss rod, I wouldn't touch it.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1976-Ibanez-Blonde-Lawsuit-Bass-w-OHSC-/390742907811?pt=Guitar&hash=item5afa179ba3

Finally, I saw another on ebay for $875 but it looked pretty beaten up.

The one I bought it is pretty nice shape for it's age and everything works perfectly. Also, it sounds really awesome