Ibanez Roadstar II RB650 vs Aria Pro II CSB-380

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ronin614, Feb 19, 2014.

1. ronin614

ronin614

Just looking for some input from any of you who may be familiar with either or both of the above basses. Pros, cons, tone, quality etc.

I've found some videos of the Ibanez but there isn't much out there on the CSB-380.

If anyone can give me any guidance on these two I would GREATLY appreciate it

Also, I know that the Aria is medium scale. Does it really make much difference?

I've found an Ibanez for $250 and the AIRA Pro is $300. Are those prices in line?

Thanks!
    S-
  2. Bulldawg82

Bulldawg82 Supporting Member

I've never owned an Aria, but I hear nothing but good about them. I do, however, know quite a bit about the RB650 (look closely at my Avatar). That bass was awesome and it is one of my biggest regrets that I sold it (I needed the cash). I also owned the RB630 that was also an awesome bass (that I also had to sell for cash).
  3. ronin614

ronin614

Bulldawg,
    Unfortunately, I think a lot of us have been in that position at one time or another and it always sucks!
    Thanks for the response.
  4. Monster Truck

Monster Truck Supporting Member

I used to own an Aria Pro II CSB-300, which is the same as a CSB-380 except with a bolt on neck. The bass was very well made and had a decent tone, but I found it extremely uncomfortable. I prefer Jazz type necks and the Aria neck was wider at the nut, but thin front to back. The short upper horn was another issues: it neck dove like a mofo, and put the headstock further away from my body than say a medium scale P-Bass. It felt like a full scale bass to me. Of course this is all my opinion, some people love these style basses, and with good reason, they're solid as a rock.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kzr750r1

kzr750r1 Supporting Member

On the Ibanez there are some differences in model year but most are good solid players.

For example I found a 1984 maple neck inline 4 headstock RB650 and jumped on it. It's neck is a little thicker and has volume volume tone for pots.

The 1986 I just scored is exactly like one I sold without the broken pick guard at the jack. Slimer neck and from what I remember volume, pickup pan and tone pots.

I've also seen 2x2 headstocks here and there as well...

Finally today decided I'm not going to use my 5 string in my latest project. So now RB will be my staple for a while.