Ibanez SR 370 BBT

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RumbleSteve, Feb 17, 2014.

1. RumbleSteve

RumbleSteve

Oh how I love my new bass. Red is my fav color but blue is nice too. This is a HUGE step up from my rogue LXB200 S.3, which despite the negative opinions is really a eh bass with eh tone that does a good job. I upgraded if you will to an active SR 370 BBT this past week and love the play-ability and sound that i get. Still have the stock DR strings until they lose their use/twang, but what i found is that there is a bit too much twang for my liking, however, lighter Ernie balls will fix this problem for me. The real quam I have is that with my rogue, I get too much low end response and not enough hi-end or at least equal response. A much higher-end bass should give me that, no? But I have found that I have gotten the opposite outcome I was looking for. So heres my thing....

My E delivers less power than my A, D, and G. I can play hard or soft on my A, D, and G and get what I'm looking for, BUT, My E remains almost dead. I boost the bass on the basses EQ and find that I still have the same problem. No matter what knob I tweek, I get the same thing.

I have changed the battery, Raised my pick-ups on the top side and even lowered the bottom but get the same thing. At this point, you get the idea. Low response from my E string. Other than that, I could not be happier. I will be taking it in to be fitted to my style such as raising the action and adjusting the intonation to eliminate the fret buzz i get fretting my 1st fret. All in all, I am very unhappy about my response from my E string and I feel that there could be nothing wrong with the bass because of the great "hot" response of my other 3 strings. Or I could be crazy, dumb, or just plain inexperienced with active pick-ups. It does seem to help if I play softer on this string, but my low-end is getting downed out at practice because of this as to where with my rogue, Never had this problem.

Any tips, Help, Ideas or suggestions is greatly wanted and appreciated.

2. Reddog01

Reddog01

I'm not a tech, so I won't try to give you a good fix for your issue. Here's what I will do, however, I'll tell you about my experience. I bought an SR700 a couple of months ago. I played it a lot before I bought it, and it had the feel that I knew I was looking for. After I bought it, I played it a bit and noticed that the intonation was out of whack. I found a good, and trusted tech, who happened to also be a bass player, and I spent the $45.00 to have him do a set up on it. I watched him do the whole thing (it took him over an hour) and now it plays like a dream. The action seems twice as fast, and the intonation in right on. It sounds like your bass could stand a similar setup done on it. It will be the best $5-$50 you'll ever spend!

3. RumbleSteve

RumbleSteve

So I have been told, and I do intend to do so. What makes me worry like a little girl is some of the issues I have read about concerning IB's. I would expect this from my $119.00 rogue bass, in fact, I'v had the issue in reverse, but not from one costing 300% more. So, I will take it in and my concern with that is finding a true bass tech to help me out. Honestly, I don't know how I would feel about taking to a corporate GC rep.

Thank you for your response and advice

+1