1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ibanez SR Premium

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by bassfreak423, Jul 31, 2012.

1. bassfreak423

bassfreak423

Hey Adam! I have had the chance to sit through some of your clinics at PWI and just wanted to say, I am a huge fan of your work. I know you are an Ibanez guy, and I was just wondering. I have an Ibanez SR505 right now, love the feel and tone, and I have been looking into the SR1205 and possibly even the SR5005. Can you give me a quick rundown on tonal traits of each of these basses, differences and similarities? Thanks man!
    Jake

2. adamnitti

adamnitti

hi jake, thanks for your post and thanks for the kind words! i have to be completely honest and tell you i don't have extensive experience with those models; however i have played them both... my 6 string is a custom built SR and my other ibanez that i have right now is an SR706. i did get to play the 1205 at the last namm show and i can tell you it played really great. i didn't have a chance to play it through an amp but i would assume the basic tone would be similar to the prestige. i got to play a 5006 for a while when i was first visiting the ibanez warehouse in philly. from what i remember, the weight and ergonomics between the 2 basses was very similar. i would expect the sound of the 5005 to be a bit darker tonally based on the woods used, and also the fact it has an oil finish as opposed to a painted finish. sorry i don't have any more comparative specs for you; i'll try and get my hands on some more of them in the future! :)