1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ibanez SR1400 or Sterling RAY 34 ??????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cremdelecrem, Feb 3, 2014.

1. cremdelecrem

cremdelecrem

Im looking to buy a new bass and I am in between these 2 basses.. Need help on choosing one. I need advice!
  2. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

I can help a little. I have played the Ray 35 and own a Stingray 5 an I love it. However I just purchased a new Ibanez 1605 which has the same specs that the 4 string versions have and I'm blown away by the sound that the premium Ibanez bass have. I love it and thinking about saleing or trading my Stingray for another lol.
  3. therhodeo

therhodeo

What kind of music do you play?
    What sound are you going for?
    Do you need a neck pickup?
    Do you like thin necks?
    Do you want a more classic look or a more modern look?
  4. cremdelecrem

cremdelecrem

I play In a alternative band and Im not a bass player... Im a guitarist that wants to just study bass. I like the look of the Ibanez and the tone but I also love the thick beefiness of the Sterling both are around the same price range for me. But I would like a good studio bass as well as a good gigging bass