Ibanez SR500 different versions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fistuno09, Apr 13, 2014.

1. fistuno09

Mar 29, 2014
    Hey guys,

I'm going to look at a used SR500 today and possibly buy it if I like it, but I have a quick question about it.

I remember reading somewhere to watch out for older versions pre-2010, as they were not as good. The one that I am going to see does not have the little 'mid frequency selector' flick switch on it, so I can only presume it is an older model.

The serial number is 081264241 so I presume it was manufactured in December 2008.

Is it still just as good? Worth buying?

2. Yes on it being an 08'. If it's in good shape, the price is right, and you like it - then go for it. In 10' Ibanez upgraded the EQ with the addition of the mid freq switch. I've played the older models, and own a 10' SR600 with the switch. It's a nice feature, but not really a make or break deal - I don't think you'll really miss having the mid freq switch if it's a good deal. They're very nice basses.
  3. fistuno09

Mar 29, 2014
    I remember hearing something about different pickups being used, as well as a different neck setup?
  4. Growlmonkee

Jan 30, 2013
    Florida, U.S.
    I had an SR500 in the 90's, it had black plastic mini knobs, no switch, and a wenge/bubinga neck, and the bridge did not look like that, I do not still have it but I liked it very much.
  5. Sponsored by: