1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ibanez SR5006E vs MTD 535/635

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by michricker, Dec 31, 2012.

1. michricker

michricker Supporting Member

I know this may be a stretch in comparison but I have been checking out some youtube vids with guys using the newer Ibanez sR5006 with the oil finish. I notice these go for 1700 to 2 grand. Considerably less expensive than my mtd. But the tone and the fact it's 34 in scale with wenge attracted to to check them out. From the sound clips I heard they sound a little warmer and round compared to MTDs.

Any experience?
  2. Warmuth

Warmuth Supporting Member

None whatsoever but the 500?E series with the wenge tops look astoundingly beautiful. One of the best looking basses made IMO. I'm still looking for a better playing bass than the Ibanez SR's.