1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ibanez SR506 dilemma

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brenner182, Dec 28, 2013.

1. brenner182

brenner182

So i recently acquired a Ibanez SR506 body and neck in a recent trade. He also threw in a set of pickups he says he bought off ebay, but they dont fit. But i have no idea what o do with these things. tey have no hardwear, (tuners, bridge, neck screws ect) Hell there are not even screws holes drilled to hold the neck on. Nor strap pins or anything.

So it appears i need to find a ibanez dealer to order the rest of these parts or go aftermarket. But here is another problem i came across. Where the bridge would sit, Apparently Ibanez routs that out as well So i almost have to use their bridge.

I need opinions here. Like on almost every aspect. Pickups, active preamps, how the hell to get a bridge on this thing ect...

2. bungletrpg

bungletrpg Supporting Member

If you bought it because it was cheap and you wanted to save money, then I say just sell what you have and buy a _complete_ SR506. They can be had for around $300, sometimes less.

If you bought it to have a project for fun, then someone here might have some good advice on where to get the parts you need.

3. brenner182

brenner182

I did not really buy it per say, It was like a added bonus in a recent trade i did her on talkbass. Dude just kinda threw it in to sweeten the deal

4. bassman blue

bassman blue Supporting Member

IMHO, unless you enjoy woodwork and electrical projects and have a few decent tools, you are going to end up with a lot of time and money into it...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. brenner182

brenner182

yeah... i dont see me doing anything with this bass. Think im gonna sell off the parts for it

7. GruntSplatter

GruntSplatter

Are we talking about a 1st version or the current model SR506? Two different animals.

8. flameworker

flameworker Supporting Member

i'll buy the neck if you still have it