Ibanez SR506! I need a new bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by JeffVanter, Mar 28, 2014.

1. JeffVanter

JeffVanter

My bridge is literally breaking. I can no longer keep my D string in place for some weird reason, but I know for a fact that it's because the bridge is in bad shape after playing so aggressively for three years on it.

I need to know how shopping for a new bridge works. Can I buy just any other six string bass bridge or does it have to meet the specs of my current bridge? Can I PLEASE get some info or a link to another bridge that has all the same specs as my current bridge? Thank you! :bawl:
  2. decentbassbreh

decentbassbreh

Dude! I had the same problem with my ibanez 305! and if you have it under warranty ibanez can replace if you do not have the warranty you will need a bridge that fits the same spacing as your current bridge
  3. JeffVanter

JeffVanter

Can somebody link me to another bridge please?
  4. theStink

theStink

Try rounding the bridge saddle with a small file, there is something sharp causing the break.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Cartman86

Cartman86

7. RBellavance

RBellavance

8. JeffVanter

JeffVanter

I kind of have a serious question. There is no way I can go a weekend without knowing that my bridge is on its way.

Here is the thing. I just found out the string spacing on my current bridge is 16.5mm

Question.

Can I buy just any bridge as long as it's just a little bigger or smaller or wider or thinner? THANK YOU. I already miss my D string!
  9. arjune

arjune

I'm sure even if it's not under warranty, you should be able to get a new one ordered. Otherwise, I would go to your local music store that has an Ibanez account and see if they can get one ordered for you.
  10. JustForSport

JustForSport

Not knowing what year your SR506 is, and with no photo, it's difficult to point you to a solution.
    drumsetc as in prev link can usually get anything Ibanez that's avail.
    But is is an early model, or late w/mahogany body? Different bridges were used at different times-
    You're not giving us much to go on here...
  11. superretard42

superretard42

I have sr705 which this has happened to......the retainer has actually developed a crack and won't hold the D string at all....I've emailed ibanez with serial number etc....unfortunately though I have a gig and practice looming so I've got on order a shaller bridge. Has adjustable string spacing....although according to the dimensions it's gonna be a tight fit...
  12. JustForSport

JustForSport

A Schaller 3D should work just fine- th adjustable rollers should be able to get the string spacing you need.
    Before drilling mounting holes, tho-
    back the 1st string (C) saddle contact point to 1/4" from the front edge of the plate, then measure 34" from the body side edge of the nut to the C saddle contact point, center the bridge, then mount.
    This measurement for the C string will ensure intonation adjustment for the rest of the strings.
  13. TNID

TNID