1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ibanez SR785 damage

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by mjmeche, Dec 15, 2013.

1. mjmeche

mjmeche Supporting Member

Last night, The place we were playing at was at a VFW hall type of event. Well we were packing up and the event staff were in a hurry. A guy grabs my case brings it to me, when he handed it to me my bass fell out of it's case i guess the bright side it wasn't it didn't land on the neck. But now I have a ding to repair , what kind of poly does Ibanez use? Is this best left to a pro?

Attached Files:

2. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Ouch! So sorry, bud. That looks like a tough fix. Certainly something best left to an experienced pro.
  3. MPU

MPU

Very thick poly judging by the pics. Tough to repair unvisible without lots of sanding and spraying.
  4. mjmeche

mjmeche Supporting Member

I will bring it to my luthier guy, just so it's repair and sealed. I can handles it being visible just don't want further damage. Now I know why some of my music buds are aholes when someone touches their stuff. But I wasn't right there when he did this if so I would have said something.
  5. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

To fix that correctly is going to require a complete refinish.
  6. Beej

Beej

Pains me to say it, but yep, I think a refin is called for here...