1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ibanez SRF705 - Need Experiences

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JT_Copy9, Feb 18, 2014.

1. JT_Copy9

JT_Copy9

I am considering an Ibanez SRF705 for 4 main reasons but need feedback.
    First, I want to begin playing with 5 strings. I have played 4stringed basses forever and have always run into lower tuning issues.
    Secondly, I want to try fretless and see if I can connect with it.
    Thirdly, it uses the piezo system to simulate a stand-up. That sounds really cool.
    Lastly, compared to other fretless basses, the price seems acceptable ($950).
    I am planning on running it through a Hartke LH500 w/ Hartke 410XL cabinet. I also have and like to use effects on bass.
    Any experiences with this bass or any other input on the above mentioned features for a newbie?
    Thank You In Advance.
    JT

URL : http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_...87&color=CL01&year=2014&cat_id=2&series_id=51
  2. zontar

zontar

I've never had any experience with that model, but I have played many SDGRs and they are nice.
    I just bought an SR500F--which is a lot less, but it's 4 strings and no piezo--and a few other differences to make up the price difference.

They do sound cool, I wouldn't mind checking one out.

Hopefully someone here can give you the benefit of their experience.
  3. Wallace320

Wallace320

but here in Italy we're still awaitin' for the workshop's to arrive

I mean:
    our distributor serves France too, and I'm awaitin' Btb686Sc... they told me initial order, due to arrive early March, has been delayed 'till the end of the month, then usual QC check-ups, finally items will be shipped to shops, and elsewhere

Cheers,
    Wallace
  4. JT_Copy9

JT_Copy9

One more thing...
    They have the specs saying that the string gauges for the 5 string models are: .045, .065, .085, .105, .130"
    How loose will the strings be if I tune B, E, A, D, G?
    Im looking for a lower bottom string... but am used to the tension of standard tuning a 4 string bass.
  5. JT_Copy9

JT_Copy9

So I contacted Sam Ash & Guitar Center and neither one will offer to bring one into their store for me to try out. They want me to special order it and if I don't like it... too bad. They don't have a 30-day return policy for special orders.
    Anyone know of a place or contact where I could try one of these out? I would also like to bring my rig to see how it sounds.

Thanks,
    JT