Ibanez SRX-705

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hubertgal, Jul 27, 2007.

1. hubertgal

hubertgal

Hello, I'm from Poland, but now I'm in USA and I want to buy guitar. At this moment my target is Ibanez SRX-705. What do you think about it?

I'm sorry, my English isn't perfect:):)

2. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

your english looks good to me.. :) perfect almost

I havent played that particular model, but I like 90% of the Ibanez basses being made there good bang for the buck basses.

I would get a SR505 over that any day though.

3. hubertgal

hubertgal

So, this is good choice? Because I'm thinking about Fender too. I have 700$, so my guitar must be good and cheap at all... Sometimes I have occasion to play on SR505. It's really good and have great sound, so I think that high model would be better:)

4. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

I don't own one, but have played a 705 a number of times and LOVE it.

Light, fast action and cuts through the mix nicely (in other words, tons of mid range).

It is high on my "to buy" list. Hopefully now that they are discontinued, I'll be able to score a good price on one.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. lug

lug

I have the SRX505 (bolt-on version) and love it. However, the 705 also has different pups (alinco vs ceramic) so it's not a one-to-one comparison. Obviously Ibanez thinks the Alincos are superior because they put it in the more expensive bass.

7. Standalone

Standalone

Check out the srx 650 and 390, too.

I have played the sr505 (and cheaper sr's), srx 650, srx 390, sr 900, and sr 1206. The srx 390 and 650 were really great, and I liked their sound a little better than the sr505. Granted I played them on different days thru different amps. The SRX basses have different pickups and electronics. I think that they are geared more for modern rock sounds, while the sr's can range more thru the funk and fusion sounds.

My favoirite of these was the 900, although I constantly regret not picking up the 1206.

8. ggunn

ggunn

Unfortunately, it usually works the other way.

9. Subculture13

Nah, not on mass produced instruments like that. They just become older, therefore used, therefore cheaper.

10. ggunn

ggunn

IIRC that's not what happened with the SUB basses, but I guess what we think doesn't mean much, eh?

FWIW, when this thread started I googled that bass and found one in a shop used for about $500. Here's the URL http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=544706 but that's from cache. I don't see it with google any more, so it could be gone already.

11. hubertgal

hubertgal

Everything is great. Your offer is good, but I lookin' for 5 string bass. Probably I have bought new guitar, not used...

12. hubertgal

hubertgal

I have another problem now... Today in Internet I found this: http://ibanez.com/bass/guitar.aspx?m=SR655PB

It looks great, but my girlfriend said: "Is ugly":D, it have Bartolini pickups and interesting body (bubinga and wenge, what is this? It's good?). Now, I don't now which am I choose!!! Help me! Which bass is best?

13. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

that new SR is the sweetest Ibanez I have seen in a while and im gassing big time for it.. BIG TIME

14. hubertgal

hubertgal

Do you now material which is made this guitar? It's better than SRX705? And do you now the price of SR655?

15. hubertgal

hubertgal

Your google is broken:)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SRX705-5String-Bass-Guitar?sku=519645

http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-SRX705-5-String-Bass-Guitar-519645-i1150692.Music123

and much more...

16. TheB3Nut

TheB3Nut

You ain't kidding! I almost fell off my chair when the page finished loading! DAYUM! I have to see now if they'll make a 6-string version of that, like this series' equivalent of the 506. That 655 is pure sweetness...c'mon Ibby...make it fretless with an unlined ebony board...oh would that be ever killer!

Damn GAS pains... :D

Todd in Cheesecurdistan

17. Human Bass

Human Bass

Ibanez seems to be putting a lot of faith in this wenge/bubigan neck...and i like that!

18. Subculture13

Interesting logic you possess... first you insult me implying that I am disregarding or ignoring you, then you back that statement up by AGREEING with me....

The last time I saw a 705 in a store it was $700... now they are $500.... sounds to me like the price dropped there to me. But I guess my ability to do math doesn't mean much to you, eh?

19. nonohmic

nonohmic

I have the SR505 which is a nice bass that i would recommend to anyone. But in hindsight, I should've spent a bit more and gone for the 905. IMO that's the nicest playing ibby there is.

20. hubertgal

hubertgal

Everybody talk about SR505, SR905 and something else, but I asking you about SRX705??!! Please, let's talk about him...:)

21. TheB3Nut

TheB3Nut

I didn't get a chance to plug it in, but the SRX705 I played and looked over was clearly a quality instrument. Neck felt good, and the construction was solid. Good unplugged resonance and sustain, no doubt due to the heavy bridge and neck-through construction. B-string felt tight and snappy, not sloppy at all. Made in Korea, Cort plant judging from the serial. This series gets pigeonholed as a hard-rock bass, but looks to be quite versatile (pop/jazz session icon Carol Kaye endorses this series, for what that's worth.) Carol plays the 4-string version of this instrument.

I think it's a safe buy.

I still want that 655 though...defretted. :) Oh, and the comment above about the wenge-bubinga necks on the upper-end bolt-on SR's...I agree. I really like the feel of them.

Todd in Cheesecurdistan