1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ibanez SRX pickup types

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by VanillaThundah, Nov 14, 2012.

1. VanillaThundah

VanillaThundah Go Team Sea Slug!! Supporting Member

Media:
    Hey guys, not sure if this would be better in basses section or not...

Anyhow, I'm about to pull the trigger on a used SRX and couldn't find any decent info on the pickups in them. I've owned one before, but I'm wondering how much variance there is in the electronics from model to model. I know that on the SR's you have Ibanez pickups up until the SR500 models and the Bartolini customs in the prestige and SR1000+ series. Is there any difference in the pickups on the SRXs at a certain model range? I'd like to know if there will be any difference in the electronics before I pop on it.

I've owned an SRX3EXQM1 in the past and liked it, which is why I'm coming back to these. I know the pole pieces on that one was black where a lot of the others are silver. Would this indicate a difference or not? Hope that information helps a bit.

- VT