Ibanez Studio bass St-924 from 1981

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by buteo, Jan 5, 2014.

1. buteo

buteo

Hello! Can anyone share impressions of this bass, even better some samples? Is it good for music in the style of King Crimson, Rush and maybe a bit of early Floyd?
    Thank you!

2. Flat Eric

Flat Eric

3. buteo

buteo

Thank you so much!:hyper:
    As far as I saw in your GREAT collection, you've got a ST-824, I assume that is similar to the ST-924.
    Indeed, information is scarce, and the are produced far fewer numbers of Studio series compared to the Musician series. I hope it is not because of a failure with Super T4 pick-ups.
    Do you know anything about this?
    Thanks X 3 :bassist:

4. Flat Eric

Flat Eric

Yep, you are correct - my fours stringers are the passive version and they have plenty of tonal variety - Tri-Sound switching.

The 8 String is active, which serves to colour the tones.

Both great basses, in their own right.

Good luck in your search - bit of a rare one.

Cheers. :)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. buteo

buteo

Already with me! :hyper:I had no hesitation once I tried it - very comfortable to play and a unique tone, even acoustic sounds wonderful.
    The tuners and knobs are changed, otherwise all is original, also the soul :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Maybe I bought too expensive - the price was 400 euros, but I left my previous bass, so I paid about 200. But never mind, I'm very happy!
    Thanks and all the best for you!

7. Flat Eric

Flat Eric

8. Lo-E

Lo-E

9. zeke917

zeke917

These Ibanez basses are killer. I own a '79 Roadster and '81 Musician - both 924s. I have never seen or played a Studio but based on my experience with these I'm sure it is awesome and I know you will enjoy it. As an aside, Andy at Repro Guitar parts does amazing work on the knobs. He has made me the EQ knobs (Extremely rare) and the SG-1 grip replacement. He also makes the SG knobs (Rare but available on E-Bay for those willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money).