Ibanez tuner replacement

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BullHorn, Jan 28, 2013.

1. BullHorn

BullHorn

I got my hands on a 1996 Ibanez SR500, made in Korea. It's a P/J one.

[​IMG]

The previous owner replaced one of the tuners but used a "top" side rather than a "bottom".

I need to find a fitting replacement, I don't like the way the string is sitting. Help? :)

Will a Gotoh GB7 (14mm / 9/16") fit?

[​IMG]
  2. devilman666

devilman666

HIT SHOT ULTRA LITES ARE THE WAY TO GO PERFECT REPLACEMENT.
  3. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

Contact the Ibanez staff through the official forums and they'll provide the info needed to find an exact match for your bass. And they can tell you if it's on stock, or not.
  4. BullHorn

BullHorn

I didn't realize they might actually have a useful support. Thanks, I'll do that.
  5. Wallace320

Wallace320

You'll just find the owner's screwhole open while you'll operate on the correct one

The replacement "could" (eventually not) lay a bit more angled
    than others, go on anyway, it's not a fault and no functional problem incurred it's just that they (replacement makers) tend to slightly rotate inclination of machineheads thru time, but as long as the caliber stays the same, the new machinehead will work

Cheers,
    Wallace

I know I'm late
    mazel tov
  6. BullHorn

BullHorn

Their support is not useful... they forward me to the Israeli so support email but they can't help...

I only need to figure if it's a 14mm or other size. What exactly should I measure?
  7. Wallace320

Wallace320

Unfortunately the diagram's from Prestige left hand side GB707 version
    View attachment 314123

View attachment 314124
    But for you the part to measure with the caliber stays the same: it's the rotatin' arm gettin' wrapped by string clothing

Hope this helps

Cheers,
    Wallace
  8. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

You should have posted a message on the forums. They do answer. Don't forget to provide the serial number.

Like I've previously said, your local dealer sucks. If they're official Ibanez dealers, not only they can solve such issues, but they are obliged solve them because the brand works only through them.

On the other hand, if you decide to use aftermarket parts, buy a full set of tuning keys.