1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ibanez WD7 VS Cry Baby Bass Wah Pedal 105Q

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bure82, Oct 15, 2010.

1. bure82

bure82

which one to get...i cant decide....

2. Headless Llama

Headless Llama

Cry Baby Bass... I love mine.

3. bure82

bure82

i like that sound too...but the wd seem to give more different tone...

4. bobulibobium

bobulibobium

I haven't tried the WD, but I can attest that the 105q is a very funky and quacky wah. WD might be more preferable depending on the style of wah you want - I'm planning on getting one myself.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. blastjv

blastjv

Never tried the WD, but I couldn't get a sound I liked out of the 105Q, and the bypass was BAD...but lots of people love them, so.....

-John

7. khabalah

khabalah

i happily used a WD7 for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ;)

8. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

I just got a 105Q and I really like it. I tried a few wahs (Boss, Morley, not the WD) and did not get them, but I clicked instantly with the Dunlop. Why ? Maybe a needed a white tank alongside the infantry, who knows, but I can tell ya it's a really funky thang !

9. bure82

bure82

so hard to decide....im going towards the cry baby right now

10. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

Test'em both if you can before buying. The 105Q handles the low end pretty well IMO.

11. redneckg1

redneckg1

Well I'm a little late on this one but I'll post anyway. yeah man I have both. I play southern rock, classic hard rock, and some outlaw country. here we go:

Dunlop 105q: I bought it cause it was a wah made specifically for Bass. I like the design. I really like the everything about it. Its very simple to use. I just think it has more of a funk sound to it. It really doesn't fit my style. I was looking for something over the top. It is an ongoing battle for me to upstage my band's lead guitar player except with my bass. He doesnt like it at all. lol. (I know badass).

Ibanez wd7: although I am a big ibanez fan, I really wasn't expecting much. hell, I bought mine at a pawn shop for 50 bucks. although it is a little more complicated than the dunlop, the sound is incredible. blowed me away. it was my secret weapon at practice. whipped his ass. he liked it so much he bought one to replace his antique Vox that he loved.

Rock on!

12. redneckg1

redneckg1

Well I'm a little late on this one but I'll post anyway. yeah man I have both. I play southern rock, classic hard rock, and some outlaw country. here we go:

Dunlop 105q: I bought it cause it was a wah made specifically for Bass. I like the design. I really like the everything about it. Its very simple to use. I just think it has more of a funk sound to it. It really doesn't fit my style. I was looking for something over the top. It is an ongoing battle for me to upstage my band's lead guitar player except with my bass. He doesnt like it at all. lol. (I know badass).

Ibanez wd7: although I am a big ibanez fan, I really wasn't expecting much. hell, I bought mine at a pawn shop for 50 bucks. although it is a little more complicated than the dunlop, the sound is incredible. blowed me away. it was my secret weapon at practice. whipped his ass. he liked it so much he bought one to replace his antique Vox that he loved.

Rock on!

13. dirtytone

dirtytone

WD!! Hands down for me. I played the 105q and a Morley duel wah as well.. WD can do switchless, as well as switch. Off to the Side so it's not in the awkward shove down type like the traditional crybaby type. Even though the 105q is switchless. As well as the Morley. WD has volume, Q, normal or deep switch, kinda like the second switch on the Morley. Plus a spectrum knob. And a small descrete knob to allow the amount of travel in tone for the sweep.. Lots and lots of tone options.. I least liked the crybaby the most of these three but, none, honestly, were bad wahs.. I just really like the WD the most!!

Cheers.

14. The Ethanator

The Ethanator

listened to plenty of clips of the 105q but never played one. ive owned a weeping demon for ages and it suits my needs great. the low eq knob is an easy way to dial back in the lows lost when the wah is engaged, and can even boost them if it be your preference. the switchability between auto-on and footswitch mode is a great idea also. i think ibanez really outdid themselves with that wah, since theres not a more tweakable wah in its price range (that ive seen anyway). im a fan of the crybaby toe-down footswitch however, so me and the ol' wd7 may part ways soon. fantastic wah though, and theyre not hard to find on the cheap!

15. dirtytone

dirtytone

I never could get into the classic crybaby switch. I wasn't quick Draw McGraw fast enough enough for it. Lol