ID this Bartolini pre - upgraded Lakland Skyline 55-01

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dcarwin, Feb 18, 2013.

1. dcarwin

dcarwin

I think I goofed and posted this in "basses" - so reposting here where I might get a better response.

Hi All,

I need some assistance ID'ing this preamp. I have a 2001 Korean Lakland 55-01. I am preparing to sell it here, so I want to get my facts straight.

I know that when I bought it, it had an upgraded Bartolini preamp. It has five control knobs, of the rubberized Bartolini type.

IIRC, it was the preamp used in the USA Laklands at the time. The quirk is that there is no "switch" on the front, maybe because it's a 55-01 and not a 55-02? Either way I have a pic of the electronics cavity below, and I don't know what the function of the dual dip switch is.

Can anyone ID the pre-amp (i.e. name it)?
    Can anyone tell me what the two switches do?

Thanks everyone.

Dan Carwin

[​IMG]
  2. Belka

Belka

I'm pretty sure it's the NTMB. The module with the dip switches is probably the mid frequency selector. Some NTMBs have a push/pull on the mid knob for selecting between 250 and 800hz. Others have the dip switch out front for selecting between 250, 500, and 800hz. (You mentioned this in your post). Yours has it internally. It's either the latter or a Lakland custom job which may have different frequency points or even be four way.

Really need a Lakland expert to chip in. That's the best I can do unfortunately.
  3. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Does insulating the connections with duct tape help the sound??
  4. dcarwin

dcarwin

What, you no like? :) This is the first time I've popped the cover off. I have heard people tell me there's duct tape in my tone somewhere, and now I understand where it comes in. I might replace with ribbed strapping tape and see how it affects my slap sound. :eek:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dcarwin

dcarwin

Thanks Belka, that's what I think as well.