1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

Ideal amp eq for effects pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KlystronNoir, Nov 28, 2013.

1. KlystronNoir

KlystronNoir

What do you think the ideal amp eq for continuity in effects pedal tone is, specifically for overdrives fuzz etc?

2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Clean SS, unless you like a base tone of tubes, then a tube amp. I guess that means there is no best, just user preference.

3. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj Supporting Member

I almost always eq flat. I turn my bass volume all the way up, turn the amp gain up til just before it clips, and set the amp volume accordingly. It sounds NICE

I usually only use eq if the room dictates it, such as that 2,000 sq ft concrete basement that I rehearsed in once. Weirdest room ever. (couldn't hear a thing unless I boosted the mids two clicks)

To me, this means that the pedals are really doing their thing, I'm not altering them except by tweaking their own settings
    And none of my pedals right now are a preamp/eq/compressor/etc either, so there's no eq in my pedalboard
    Come to think of it, I actually only own passive basses right now too, so there's no eq there either

Crap, the only eq on me right now at all is from the FOH! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing lol!

4. Veldar

Veldar

I use a B7K into a power amp with the high/low mids at 1:00 O'clock just enough to give it more balls. :bassist:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Unless you are in the same room with the same equipment, talking about user EQ settings numerically is a pointless exercise. Quite different from understanding what the 'flat setting' might be in various pieces of equipment, but seriously.....

7. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

There isn't one. Eq needs to change room to room so that the sound is 'equalised' in various environments.

If you're just playing in one room, all the time, then maybe roll of the very high end to reduce the shrillness of certain distortion tones.

8. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    About flat whatever that may be on your amp. Especially if you have a preamp pedal youre using for tone shaping. I keep mine almost flat, bass and treble boosted just a tad. Works out great for me.