1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Identify this Fender combo...

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Russell L, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Russell L

Russell L

Sorry, no pics. The thing was backline at a show last night. It looked to be a 115 dressed in tweed with the controls up top in the back on a chrome panel. Kinda big, a little wider than tall. I'm not familiar with it. Dang thing sounded good, though. I played it when it was our time to go on. Didn't get to see the model number due to low lighting (might've said Bassman?). I was told that it put out 300w, but it didn't feel like it to me. But, then there was some kind of DI/eq connected also, so I'm not sure. I had very little time to get ready to play, and only got the tone and volume about right. It blended in the mix nicely. I like it, actually.

Anyone seen anything looking like that? I checked the Fender site, but don't see it there.

2. bampilot06

bampilot06

Sounds like a bassman to me.

3. Russell L

Russell L

Musta been. Someone said they thought it was new, but it's not listed.

4. danomite64

danomite64 Supporting Member

Try 'Fender Bassman TV 15'.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Russell L

Russell L

Thanks, that's it. 350w @ 4 ohms. Celestion speaker. 59 lbs. Saw one on MF, but unavailable.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Played one at the store once. I thought it sounded terrific in a Fender-y way with the weird but lovable Fender tone stack. Then I saw that it had no expandability and a $1000 price tag. Fender really shot themselves in the foot with those combos. They would have caught on if they had extension cabs and expandability built in, but they got eaten alive by $1000 and cheaper combos that did.