1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Identify this Mesa

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Fletz, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Disclosures:
    None - but willing to discuss!
    Any idea what this is? And for $499, is it a good deal (assuming it's all in good shape)? I am looking for one solid big-ish cab. I have a great Mesa 112 PH but it's not great for every room. I have a Genz Focus 4x10 which, sadly, I hate.

[​IMG]

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    It looks like an older powerhouse cab to me? edit: I just checked I think its a 4x10 15 diesel.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I forgot I wouldn't go over $400.00 myself you will need the extra $99.00 for back pills :)

5. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Disclosures:
    Thanks. I'll negotiate (if it's even worth it).

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Not the best Mesa cab design, but a good solid cab nonetheless.

7. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Disclosures:
    I was just so disappointed when I plugged my genz shuttle 6.2 into the focus cab yesterday. Then I plugged it into my mesa 112 and it was so much more articulate. I am bummed I sold my mesa 212.

8. SirMjac28

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    +1 and I love Mesa I think for $500.00 there are too many other options out there. I had a Mesa Road Ready 4x10 that was incredible with a SVT but the weight is beyond ridiculous I would also look at some of the Peavey cabs how much power do you need?

9. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    This is four 8's and a 12 I believe.

IMHO a big nope. Drivers share air space, fail. Mixes full range drivers with no cross over, fail.

10. SirMjac28

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Mesa makes some great stuff I have my little Mesa M3 Carbine 1x12 combo and it shakes the walls.

11. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Disclosures:
    I'm actually now considering just another 1x12. Thanks all.

12. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    +1

I would take two 112's over that cab.

13. FC Bass

FC Bass Alembic and Mesa/Boogie junkie

Jun 9, 2006
    Holland
    That's the Powerhouse jr

14. chaosMK

chaosMK Supporting Member

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Powerhouse Jr. I think it's a 1x12+4x8's (http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/mesa-powerhouse-jr-cab-39202/)

At that price I'd get the PH 4x10 from GC Used Online. That is a bad cab. There are a few up right now. I been eyeing one... I don't need another but wouldnt it be cool?..

The best option is probably another PH 1x12. I've toyed with the idea of getting a PH 1x15 to use with my 1x12 (if u stack the 1x15 on its side, it has the same dimension as the 1x12). Mixed drivers are like the greatest sin around here but I bet it would be a great rig for most styles.