Identifying an Ibanez SR

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EXILE03, Aug 3, 2013.

1. EXILE03

EXILE03

So, I was watching a video on youtube that involved an Ibanez SR, but I don't know what specific model of bass it is. It's a Soundgear model (pretty sure), 4-string, P/J with a reverse P pickup, four knobs with the output jack right next to them, 24 frets, full-scale, rosewood board with a diagonal cut at the end, and it was light orange with a matching headstock. Any idea what this would be?
  2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Do you have a link to the video? It's probably an SR400 in natural finish (that was kind of orange).
  3. garp

garp

Agreed with fourstringdrums.

[​IMG]
  4. fourstringdrums

Unfortunately they don't make those any more.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. fourstringdrums

It's funny, this was my first bass and at the time I hated it because for some reason I associated P pickups with "low quality". At the time all the low end basses were p/j config it seemed, and I didn't know any better. I wanted soap bar pickups because I associated that with higher end basses. Now that I'm older and wiser, all the Ibanez basses are soapbar pickups except for the low low end SR200's which are p/j.
  7. EXILE03

EXILE03

Thanks, I'm 99% sure that's exactly what it is. And yeah, it sucks that Ibanez has discontinued almost all of their best/coolest instruments (Epiphone is guilty of this as well).