1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Identifying an Ibanez SR

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EXILE03, Aug 3, 2013.

1. EXILE03

EXILE03

Jan 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    So, I was watching a video on youtube that involved an Ibanez SR, but I don't know what specific model of bass it is. It's a Soundgear model (pretty sure), 4-string, P/J with a reverse P pickup, four knobs with the output jack right next to them, 24 frets, full-scale, rosewood board with a diagonal cut at the end, and it was light orange with a matching headstock. Any idea what this would be?

2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Do you have a link to the video? It's probably an SR400 in natural finish (that was kind of orange).

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Agreed with fourstringdrums.

[​IMG]

5. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Unfortunately they don't make those any more.

6. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    New Hampshire
    It's funny, this was my first bass and at the time I hated it because for some reason I associated P pickups with "low quality". At the time all the low end basses were p/j config it seemed, and I didn't know any better. I wanted soap bar pickups because I associated that with higher end basses. Now that I'm older and wiser, all the Ibanez basses are soapbar pickups except for the low low end SR200's which are p/j.

7. EXILE03

EXILE03

Jan 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    Thanks, I'm 99% sure that's exactly what it is. And yeah, it sucks that Ibanez has discontinued almost all of their best/coolest instruments (Epiphone is guilty of this as well).