1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Idiotbox Blasteroid

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CHILDISHGAMBINO, Dec 13, 2013.

1. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

I just got this thing and it is awesome! I know it's still the honeymoon or whatever but if you are looking for very reasonably price fuzz that doesn't need a clean blend then it is well worth checking out. It does a really nice beefy rumbly fuzz and some strange open wah/ringmodish/gated sounds as well. I can't do a video right now but the fuzz wars episode with it on youtube is worth a look. Matt was really fast with the shipping and very friendly in his emails. I will definitely be giving him some more business in the future. The only negative thing about this pedal is that it can't be daisy chained. Here's a link to the fuzz wars vid and the idiotbox site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wS-ZLuZYFQ

http://idiotboxeffects.bigcartel.com/

Anybody else try the Blasteroid? Thoughts?
  2. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

3. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj Supporting Member

I got one! Unexpectedly came to me through a trade offer , and after seeing that old fuzz wars vid I had to have it!

It's unlike any of my other fuzzes, my favorite part about it is the weird gate/ring mod/crazy tones that come out of it! My sweet spot is to dial the top knob in right at the crossover between the sub-fuzz warmth and the ring-mod screech, then I set the bottom knob to unity gain

Only downfall for me is that there's no expression pedal jack, the ability to control the top knob with an expression pedal and do sweeps from that sub-rumbling fuzz all the way up to the screeching ring insanity would just be amazing!
  4. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Yeah, the smash knob really would be cool if you could control it with an expression pedal. Although the last little bit of knob travel(hee hee)is silent so that could be weird. I think Matt was trying to make this thing as close to the Graphic Fuzz as possible and since it didn't have expression control neither does the Blasteroid maybe? Anyway just loving the mad girth of this thing.
  5. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj Supporting Member

Yeah man! All the way up with that smash knob and all the dogs on the block start whining lol!

Maybe we find someone to do a mod? I want to express the smash knob (hehe!)
  6. rjovin

rjovin

I don't have the blasteroid
  7. rjovin

rjovin

Sorry, stupid phone. Anywho, i do have dimension x delay and i love it! It's so much fun. I'm also about to get the blower box in a week or so. Come on chirstmas bonus!
  8. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

I want the dimension X and the Blower Box. I also really want a Mad Doctor Who stutter box and Death Ray. Hell I'll probably buy a Cool Buzz at some point too. I also wouldn't mind hearing the Hobo Santa with a bass either. Idiotbox makes some neat stuff.