1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

IEM sub forum?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Doley50, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doley50

Doley50

IEM are becoming more and more the norm lately and there are a lot of question regarding the use of them, I have read a lot of the threads about IEM and still a lot of questions. I should just create a thread with my question, but so many of them start with " yes, another IEM question"
    My question is do you think it would be worth while to have a sub-forum just for IEM?
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002

No- we don't get nearly enough threads on the subject to warrant a subforum. The more subforums there are for more and more specific things, the less readers each subforum has, which leads to a dearth of discussion and can make forum "ghost towns" (anyone remember the Dude Pit?) Less popular items such as IEMs actually get more viewers/discussion in forums like Live Sound than they would in their own forums.
  3. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Don't be disrespecting the Dude Pit. It was a great forum with a whole lot less BS than I've seen on other bass forums
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002

It also, near the end, had a ton of barely used forums with little discussion due to over-subdividing.
  5. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    The issues with Dude Pit were largely due to family illness of the founder. At least, there, one could express a qualified opinion and it was respected as such
  6. spade2you

spade2you

I liked the Pit, but it kept relocating on about a weekly basis and it became a ghost town.
  7. Doley50

Doley50

I have never had the pleasure of Dude Pit, but you do make some good points, that I have not considered.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond.
  8. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Live Sound would be the sub forum IMO
  9. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings
    IEM discussions are very much related to live sound, so that's where they go.

Asked, answered and closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.