If you could only have one pedal or effect in your arsenal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tigerdean, Dec 16, 2012.

1. tigerdean

tigerdean

I play classic rock - modern rock covers and have always ran effect free. If you could have only one pedal or effect in your arsenal or were buying your first pedal or effect then what would it be and why? Thanks for the input. Dean
  2. Marial

Marial Proud Papa Supporting Member

Right now it would be the Iron Ether Nimbus. I freaking love this thing for fretless.
  3. icecycle66

icecycle66

Yeah, the Nimbus is awesome. I never liked reverb before I got one.

However, I think my Big Muff clone (distortion) would be the last one to go if I have to choose.
  4. tigerdean

tigerdean

I just checked the IE Nimbus out. Very cool unit. I'll be interested in seeing what some of you others like.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Barca_bass

Barca_bass

I think the Microtubes B3K is one of the most versatile effects ever. I love it...I am considering saving up and buying the B7K. They are fantastic pedals that can give you a little bit of boost, a ton of overdrive, and a number of options in between. You should check it out
  7. willsellout

willsellout

The most useful is my B7K. I can use it for any song and it would be my choice, for sure.
  8. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

Upgrading to a B7K is the only reason I'm selling my B3K and the only reason I'd ever part with it. :bassist:

If I had to pick only ONE pedal though, it'd have to be my EP2. It's got the most unique/cool sound out of all 22 filters I've owned/tried, and I had Dave at Pigtronix install a volume knob so I could unity match volume to any bass. The Phaser side is just the icing on the cake.

5sg.
  9. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

Hematoma. I'm digging that pedal. It's easy to use and sound cool. Next week who knows?
  10. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

I would definitely have some kind of overdrive. I'm running the Hardwire Tube Overdrive right now, and I'm saving up for the Darkglass Vintage Microtubes.
  11. Barca_bass

Barca_bass

I am very excited about the Vintage Microtubes as well. Have they released anything else other than the drawing I saw on here (TB)? Maybe sound clips, or an early version of the pedal?
  12. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

Not really, I've been following the thread and the most I've seen are some very tantalizing descriptions from Doug.
  13. AndyLES

AndyLES

MXR M80. It can be a DI, preamp, distortion box, EQ, signal splitter, mute box (set one channel's volume all the way down)....heck, it even has a basic noise gate.

I use it at every gig.
  14. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Verellen Meatsmoke Preamp Pedal it can go from warm to nasty With the boost engaged.
  15. Dark Barn

Dark Barn Supporting Member

I'll agree with most everyone else here. If you only have a budget for one pedal get an overdrive.

If you shop used it won't cost you very much to try out a bunch of them, flip the ones that don't work out.

Personally I couldn't get excited about only one pedal, the interaction between effects is a big part of the fun, but you gotta start somewhere!
  16. RAMUSIC

RAMUSIC

I would stick with my vintage '84 ProCo Rat, which was my first pedal and is still my most used. I almost ALWAYS have it on unless I need something cleaner or severely heavier.

If the amp has no reverb however, I might go with a Rocktron Cyborg Reverb... but it would be hard to decide.
  17. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Casting out the nines Supporting Member

For ME it would be a Boss OC-2. But for someone doing classic & modern rock covers I'd probably recommend a Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe or another overdrive/preamp. Perhaps the Darkglass B7K.
  18. rhopper

rhopper

Being in an 80's cover and, I use chorus more than anything else.
  19. Swift713

Swift713

20. hsech

hsech Don't try to argue with an old fart. Gold Supporting Member

I must be an old fart. Just give me a head with a tube pre amp, a gain and a master volume. I never use effects on bass or guitar.
  21. Dark Barn

Dark Barn Supporting Member

TB needs a Fingers sub-forum for folks like you.