If you didn't play bass

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington' started by iwearpumas, Mar 6, 2014.

1. iwearpumas

iwearpumas

Just curious, what do you think you would be doing if you weren't a musician? Like what was your idea of a profession when you were growing up?
  2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Jenny is correct in the next post - content deleted. My error.
  3. JennySuzuki

JennySuzuki

I'm a nurse who plays guitar, and is learning to play bass. Sometimes, I play with friends. Sometimes, we play in public.

If I didn't play bass, I imagine I'd still be a nurse who played guitar. Sometimes, I'd play with friends. Sometimes, and this might be a stretch, we'd play in public.

(ETA: I just noticed which forum this is in. The OP was likely asking Anthony Wellington what he would do for a living if he weren't a musician. Pilgrim and I have intruded on the thread. Mea culpa).
  4. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

I'd probably be a teacher of another kind. Probably math or science. Or I'd be a scientist. I'm fascinated by numbers and how we can understand almost everything better by understanding the numbers behind it.
    -aw
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pn02

pn02

something else we have in common -- music/science.

do you live near college park? if so, there is a world renowned physicist working there -- sylvester james (jim) gates. his main area of focus is supersymmetry. if you're interested, here is his web page at um, http://umdphysics.umd.edu/research/theoretical/135.html.
  7. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

I'm not far from College Park. I'll check out the link.

thanks,
    anthony
  8. Cookye

Cookye

An Ice Hockey goalie.....
  9. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core

Disclosures:
    and at the bottom it says thank you, and now you can **** off
    Trip out, me too..
  10. Bingo

Bingo

You could teach anything I think. Having met you several times I can say that you are an enthusiastic teacher. You love to see others learn. It's a very cool thing to experience in person. You turned me on to permutations and my left hand has never been the same.
  11. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Yea Bingo, I'm addicted to teaching. There's a moment when I can tell when someone 'gets it'. It may be something that they never understood or thought was the most difficult thing ever.

It's the biggest 'high' ever!

A lot of other 'teachers' are only teaching because gigs are slow. They aren't teachers first.

I'm in this for the long haul!!!

That is what you saw.

thanks,
    anthony
  12. michele

michele

This answer reveals how nice you are, sir. Passing knowledge to other people is the higher attribute of an elevated hearth and soul.