Iggy Pop's Rider backline Requirements

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Easy8, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Easy8

Easy8

http://josgrain.com/riders.html

All this and more:

ALL OF THIS LOT FOR A START.
    r3 X HEAVY DUTY FLOOR MOUNTED FANS. I'm making a hovercraft in my spare time
    r2 X MARSHALL VBA 8 X 10 CABINETS (There's lovely)
    r3 X MARSHALL VBA BASS AMPLIFIERS Please make sure they're good ones or we'll all end up as wormlike web-based life forms in the bass player's online literary diahorrea. Honestly. He's like a sort of internet Pepys or Boswell, except without the gout and the syphilis. For all I know.
    {I bet I know what you are thinking. You're thinking "Marshall Bass Gear? I didn't know Marshall made bass gear. "
    Well, they do! And very good it is too. Some time, you should try it out, and if you run a hire company, you should buy some and start renting them. They make Ampeg gear sound like er... Ampeg gear. Anyway that's not the point is it? If you were thinking what I thought you were thinking, i.e. that you don't have any Marshall bass gear, we will have to have Amopeg instead, won't we?
    Happy now?
    So the alternative to the Marshall bass gear would be
    r3 x Ampeg SVT 2 or Classic CL amplifiers - NOT the SVT 2 PRO version, just the standard SVT 2 please. and
    r2 x Ampeg 8x10 cabinets I still think it's a damn shame you don't have the Marshalls, but never mind. I'm sure Satan will find a suitable way to punish you in the hereafter. Or the thereafter., depending on where you are standing. }

2. 10cc

10cc

3. Easy8

Easy8

4. 10cc

10cc

It's pretty damn funny.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mjmeche

mjmeche Supporting Member

Agreed!

7. kcole4001

kcole4001

I had to make some printables out of that.
    Our drummer also does sound production gigs with the guitar player (they own a respectably sized PA), he'll definitely get a kick out of it.
    :)